Objectives and Mission of
Master of Accountancy (MAcc)
Postgraduate Diploma in Accountancy (PGDA)
The programmes are designed primarily for individuals who are, or intend to be, working in the field of accountancy or a related field, such as finance and management. The programmes provide accountants, business administrators, managers and executives in a wide range of positions with an advanced knowledge of accountancy.
The programmes enable students to:
- demonstrate extensive, in-depth and current knowledge of accounting theory and practice in the international and local accountancy fields;
- develop and enhance their analytical skills to be able to critically analyze and question existing knowledge and practice in accountancy;
- integrate and apply their knowledge of accountancy in decision making;
- develop their ability to adapt and innovate to solve problems in an ever-changing business environment;
- have good communication skills;
- be able to meet the educational requirements for CPA licenses in Hong Kong; and
- be able to identify and demonstrate effective judgment of ethical issues in Accounting practices.