- Serve as the secretariat of the University Council and Court and act as the first point of contact for all Council and Court members
- Provide secretarial support to the standing committees under the Council and ad hoc committees/working groups/task forces of the Council and Court. (The Task Force on University Governance established by the Council to guide the implementation of the Governance Report recommendations is a prime example)
General Administration Services Related to Government and Statutory Bodies
- Liaise with Government/statutory bodies such as Legislative Council (LegCo), District Council (DC), UGC, EDB, ICAC, EOC (Equal Opportunities Commission), PCPD (Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data), etc.
- Attend to questions from these bodies, and submit information and documents to them as appropriate
- Administer University policies on important issues that affect the welfare of staff, students and the University as a whole. Examples include policies on sexual harassment, equal opportunities, whistleblowing, etc.
- Organize events and activities to promote awareness of the above-mentioned issues and policies
- Administer disciplinary/investigative/appeal procedures when such cases arise
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to the University’s Equal Opportunities Committee
- Assist in drafting or giving comments on agreements/undertakings between various units/departments of the University and outside institutions/organisations
- Liaise with legal advisers for legal proceedings concerning the University and seek legal advice from time to time as warranted by situations
- Administer the “Vincent Woo Distinguished Visiting Scholars Programme” and “Dr & Mrs James Tak Wu Awards for Outstanding Service”
- Render support to special University projects, initiatives or functions as specified by the President
Copyright©2017 Lingnan University. All rights reserved.
Lingnan University ("the University") has taken all reasonable measures to ensure that material contained in this website is correct. The University reserves the right to make changes at any time. If you have any queries with our information, or if you would like a hyperlink to your site removed, please notify the Webmaster of the University at firstname.lastname@example.org.