On January 26-28, we discuss Derek Baker and Jack Woods’ paper “How Expressivists Can and Should Explain Inconsistency,” available open access here. Mark Schroeder has kindly agreed to open the discussion with a critical précis.
The Philosophy Department would like to congratulate Prof Paisley Livingston and former Lingnan professor Kelly Trogdon for their paper “The Complete Work,” recently published in The Journal of Aesthetics and Art Criticism.
The Philosophy Department would like to congratulate one of its newest members, Prof. Shyam Nair, for his article “Consequences of Reasoning with Conflicting Obligations,” which has just come out in Mind.
The Philosophy Department would like to congratulate its three most recent Masters!
- Chan Hiu Man: Is There a Distinction between A Priori and A Posteriori?
- Kwok Ka Wing: Reading Hume’s ‘Of the Standard of Taste’ — Taking Hume Seriously
- Lam Hung Nin: The Nature of Intuition: What Theories of Intuition Ought to Be
The Philosophy Department has a new homepage! Please take your time to look around if you are interested.
The new pages are updated more frequently than the old ones, and they provide more services:
- News that are updated as soon as there is something to communicate (seminar announcements, class cancellations, deadlines etc)
- An event calendar that includes all university deadlines and public holidays, along with Philosophy Department events and seminars (look to the right side of this page, at “Upcoming Events”)
- A Facebook page: facebook.com/luphilosophy
- A new design that is closer to the general Lingnan University look
We hope you enjoy the changes and find what you are looking for on this site!