The IMCSP is truly 'international' in its outlook. A selection of scholars from universities in East Asia, USA and Europe will contribute as guest speakers and lecturers throughout the program. Students enrolled in the IMCSP will benefit from site visits organized together with various international research platforms and inter-university research consortia for comparative development and policy studies.
The Programme draws on experts from our research networks, including but are not limited to:
- East Asia Social Policy Research Network (EASP), http://welfareasia.org/
- Asia Pacific Higher Education Research Partnership with over 20 universities and research institutes involved as partners, http://apherp.org
- East-West Center, USA, http://www.eastwestcenter.org
- In Greater China: Peking University, People's University, Zhejiang University, Sun Yat-sen University, Nanjing University, National Taiwan University, National Cheng Chi University, National Chung Cheng University and Fu Jen University in Taiwan.
- In Asia: National University of Singapore, Ewha Woman's University, South Korea; De La Salle University, The Phillipines, Universiti Sains, Malaysia, Chulalongon University, Thailand
- In the UK: UCL Institute of Education, University of Bristol, University of York
- In the United States: Rutgers University, University of Pittsburgh, Indiana University, University of South California
In addition to the above, each year a selection of students will have the opportunity to choose an international pathway to visit the Department of Social Policy and Social Work, University of York and take two courses there in the spring term. The Department of Social Policy and Social Work at University of York is a leading centre for social policy research worldwide. In the recent UK Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014, the Department was ranked Third in the UK for research excellence and equal first in research impact. According to the National Survey of Student Satisfaction, Social Policy at York is rated highly, with 97% student satisfaction. Students on the international pathway will be asked to pay for all expenses for the visit and receive tuition fee waivers of two courses offered at Lingnan University.
Students enrolled in the IMCSP will also benefit from various additional research workshops organized on Lingnan University campus.