Our Strategic Direction
We aim to ensure that all students understand the salient features of liberal arts education as offered by Lingnan University: it is not defined in terms of subjects or disciplines. It involves an intensive teaching and learning process, an enthusiasm of our students for participating in extra-curricular activities and university affairs, a fully-integrated experience of residential university life and commitment of our students to community services. Our ultimate aim is to improve students’ self-image as achievers, enhance their employability as graduates and instil life-long pride in their association with Lingnan. We hope that Lingnan graduates are all-rounders, confident and well-prepared for the challenges of an ever-changing world.
With the above guiding principles, we focus on
- identifying and catering for the students' extra-curricular needs
- providing an integrated student development programme which encompasses learning skills, social skills, life skills, leadership skills, athletic skills, civic education, health education and career preparation activities
- providing a residential environment on campus which actively promotes the social and intellectual development of students
- promoting the active participation of students in university affair through formal representation on committees and working groups
- encouraging students to commit themselves in community services