Update on Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Preventive Measures (1 September 2021)
01 Sep 2021
Welcome back to campus. Following the latest announcement made by the HKSAR Government, the Health, Safety and Environment Committee, we would like to update colleagues and students on the following:
Maintaining the Social Distancing Measures under Prevention and Control of Disease Ordinance (Cap.599)
As the Delta mutant strain has posed incredible challenges to local anti-epidemic efforts, the Government expressed a need for Hong Kong to build up a double barrier against COVID-19 by strengthening measures on preventing importation of cases and enhancing vaccination rate. The existing social distancing measures will be maintained.
- Catering business and scheduled premises: The existing requirements and restrictions will be maintained.
- Mask-wearing requirement: The mandatory mask-wearing requirement under Cap. 599I will remain valid.
- Group gathering: Group gathering with more than four persons in public places will be prohibited.
For details, please refer to the press release: https://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/202108/31/P2021083100509.htm?fontSize=1
Staff members and students are strongly encouraged to get fully vaccinated. For those who have not yet been vaccinated, you can make reservations through the online booking system on the designated website of the COVID-19 Vaccination Programme (www.covidvaccine.gov.hk) for receiving vaccines at 29 CVCs and 26 general out-patient clinics of the Hospital Authority. You can also make appointments for vaccination with private doctors or clinics participating in the programme.
COVID-19 Vaccination Programme thematic website: https://www.covidvaccine.gov.hk/en/
Online booking system:
If members still have hesitation on getting vaccination due to personal health condition, you are recommended to seek advice from your family doctors or review the expert opinion at https://www.covidvaccine.gov.hk/en/chronicDiseases. For those not yet vaccinated, you are strongly encouraged to conduct regular testing for COVID-19.
All members of the Lingnan community are advised at all times to maintain strict personal and environmental hygiene, which is the key to personal protection against infection and prevention of the spread of the disease in the community. Special attention to the following is required:
- All members shall wear masks on campus at all times, including indoor and outdoor settings. It is important to wear a mask properly and be careful with hand hygiene before wearing and after removing a mask. In case wearing a mask is not feasible (e.g., when having meal or shower) please keep at least 1.5 meters distance from others.
- If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, such as fever, respiratory symptoms or sudden loss of taste or smell, you should seek prompt medical advice and not come to campus for classes or work.
- To assist contact tracing, keep a diary of your schedule, for example, the places you visited and the name of people you had close contact on campus. You may also use the “LeaveHomeSafe” mobile app to keep your visit records.
For the full set of the Health Advice, please visit the website of HSEC at https://www.ln.edu.hk/hse/health-safety/communicable-diseases/covid-19
For information on COVID-19, please refer to the following links:
- HKSAR’s Thematic webpage on COVID-19 at: www.coronavirus.gov.hk/eng/index.html
- Webpage of Health, Safety and Environment Committee https://www.ln.edu.hk/hse
- Webpage on Mental Health Infostation at the following link:
- Online Health Declaration Form: all students and staff shall complete this before coming to campus or when there is any change in status after last submission.
- COVID-19 Vaccination & Testing Record System for Student Residents
In the academic year 2021/22, student residents are required to submit the vaccination record or testing record to the Online System. Please login the Online System via myLingnanPortal (myLingnanPortal > Student Services > COVID-19 Vaccination & Testing Record System for Student Residents).
If you are suspected or confirmed as infected or required to stay in the “restricted area” for COVID-19 test or under mandatory quarantine or compulsory testing notice, please notify your department / office or any of the following teams as soon as possible:
Thank you for your kind attention.
Chairman, Health, Safety and Environment Committee