Bachelor of Social Sciences (Honours) – Health and Social Service Management
社會科學(榮譽)學士 - 健康及社會服務管理
BSocSc (Hons) HSSM [JS7305]
This programme aims to nurture talents in response to Hong Kong’s ageing population. It introduces the latest theories and practices in health and social services and also offers an internship opportunity for students to apply classroom knowledge to a work setting. Upon completion of the programme, students will be equipped with knowledge and skills to lead teams, manage health and social services, and apply gerontechnology in welfare settings. They will also be taught essential skills for academic writings and further studies.
Upon completion of the Programme, students will be able to:
- Apply theoretical knowledge and practical knowledge skills to plan, lead and manage the delivery of health and social services
- Demonstrate the use of essential skills for completing grant applications and evaluating services outcomes.
- Develop the abilities to create innovative ideas and develop social enterprises.
- Execute critical skills in working in groups and mobilising financial and human resources for health and social services delivery.
- Integrate a range of skills to identify and manage institutional and community-based health and social problems.
- Evaluate appropriate assistive technologies and innovative approaches to design programmes for social services users and stakeholders.
Graduates of this program will be able to take up a wide range of jobs related to social services and healthcare in both public and private sectors such as project officers, education and training officers, social services administrators and research officers.