Frequently Asked Questions
Application & Admission
1. Does ADA programme welcome students with Arts or Science background?
2. Will there be any admission interview?
Yes, if the applicants are shortlisted.
3. How will applicants be informed if interview will be held?
Applicants will be contacted via email.
4. Is the academic qualification of self-financed programme different from UGC (government)-funded programme? ?
The academic qualification of self-financed programme is the same as UGC (government)-funded degree programme.
5. What should be prepared for applications?
|Applicants should upload the following documents to the online application system:|
|Applicants with Mainland JEE results|
Before the announcement of JEE (Gaokao) Result:
|After the announcement of JEE (Gaokao) Result:
6. What is the format of interview?
- Face-to-face interview for local applicants; Video conferencing interview (Skype) for non-local applicants. Video conferencing via WeChat, QQ or other software are not applicable.
- Individual/group interview
- Medium of language: English
- Length of interview: 10 to 15 mins
- Applicants will be required to present the submitted art portfolio for 3 minutes.
- An applicant must attend the technical testing himself or herself.
- Non-local applicants have to register a skype account.
7. When will the interview result be released?
- Successful applications will be informed by the Registry via email in 1 to 2 months after the interview. It will take a longer time for the applicants who are on the waiting list.
- For privacy reason, phone enquiry about application status is not applicable. Please contact us via email at ada@LN.edu.hk.
8. Is there any English Language Requirement for this programme?
Yes, please refer to English Language Requirements for details. Applicants are strongly advised to take the relevant English Exam by June.
1. Is the graduation certificate different from other Lingnan’s programmes?
No, the graduation certificate of ADA programme is awarded by Lingnan University.
2. Do ADA students have their lesson on campus?
All ADA lessons take place on Lingnan campus.
3. Can ADA students apply for a change of major?
No, they cannot.
1. Are ADA students eligible for hostel application?
Yes. However, the number of hostel places is very limited, hostel places will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
2. How much is the hostel fee?
Hostel fee ranges from HK$ 7,520 to HK$10,200 for one term in the 2020-21 academic year.
3. How to apply for hostel?
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org after you have settled the down payment. Please state your full name and application number when apply for a hostel place.