Centre for Humanities Research, Lingnan University
Established in 2001, the Centre for Humanities Research (CHR), formerly known as the Centre for Literature and Translation, supports various research in the humanities. In recent years, the Centre’s major research focus are on areas in modern and contemporary Chinese culture, including literature, cinema, translation, music, visual arts and comics. The Centre makes great endeavours to promote academic and cultural exchange among scholars and postgraduate students from Hong Kong, Mainland China, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and overseas. Apart from organising international conferences, seminars, and research projects at regular intervals, the Centre also devotes efforts to academic publication, with Prism: Theory and Modern Chinese Literature as its flagship journal.
- Prof. Zong-qi Cai won the 2020 Distinguished Editor Award presented by the Council of Editors of Learned Journals at the MLA Convention 2021
- "Chinese Poetics Forum" Online Lecture Series (2) 中國詩學論壇網路學術系列講座 (2) (17 December 2020)
- Job | Postdoctoral Fellow
- Opportunity to Pursue Postgraduate Study in Hong Kong (with Attractive Scholarships)
- "Chinese Poetics Forum" Online Lecture Series (1) 中國詩學論壇網路學術系列講座 (1) (12 November 2020)
- The Establishment of the Joint Research Centre for the Studies of Chinese Poetics 共同建立中國詩學聯合研究中心 (November 2020)
- Publication: Prism 17:2 Special Issue "Critical Theory and Chinese Literary Studies" (October 2020)
- Publication: Prism 17:1 (March 2020)
- Publication: Prism 16:2 Special Issue "Method as Method" (October 2019)
- Publication: Prism 16:1 (March 2019)
- "Western Critical Theory and Chinese Literary Scholarship" Conference (23-24 May 2019)
- "Ecowriting： Tradition and Modernity" Conference 「生態書寫：傳統與現代」學術研討會 (16-17 March 2019)
- Publication of JMLC 15.2 Special Issue "China on the Move: Travel, Exile, and Migration in Chinese Literature and Film of the 20th Century"
- Prism Workshop: 如何搭建文藝理論深度交流的平台？(27 April 2018)
- "Translation and Modern Chinese Poetry: Moving the Goalposts" Symposium 龍門陣：翻譯與現代中文詩歌研討會 (16 June 2017)
Zong-qi Cai 蔡宗齊
Research Development Manager 研究統籌經理
Chris Song 宋子江
Senior Research Assitant 高級研究助理
Matthew Cheng 鄭政恆
Address: LBY106-107, Lingnan University, 8 Castle Peak Road, Tuen Mun, N.T., Hong Kong S.A.R.
Telephone: (852) 2616 8055