Centre for Humanities Research, Lingnan University
Established in 2001, the Centre for Humanities Research (CHR), formerly known as the Centre for Literature and Translation, supports various research in the humanities. In recent years, the Centre’s major research focus are on areas in modern and contemporary Chinese culture, including literature, cinema, translation, music, visual arts and comics. The Centre makes great endeavours to promote academic and cultural exchange among scholars and postgraduate students from Hong Kong, Mainland China, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and overseas. Apart from organising international conferences, seminars, and research projects at regular intervals, the Centre also devotes efforts to academic publication, with the Journal of Modern Literature in Chinese (JMLC) as its flagship journal.
- "Translation and Modern Chinese Poetry: Moving the Goalposts" Symposium 龍門陣：翻譯與現代中文詩歌研討會 (16 June 2017)
- Public Lecture "Liu Yichang and Hong Kong Culture: Literature, Film, Documentary, Food Culture" (11 Feburary 2017)
- "Hong Kong ·1960" Conference II (15-16 December 2016)
- “Art, Translation and Modern Literature in Chinese” International Conference (17-18 May 2016)
- "Hong Kong ·1960" Conference I (12 March 2016)