Students Entrepreneurial Exploration Development (SEED) Fund
With the generous donation from Lingnan Education Organization Limited (“Donor”) to the University, the “LEO Tse Kai Yui Memorial Fund” (嶺南教育機構謝啟睿紀念基金) offers grants for the SEED Fund Scheme. The SEED Fund provides $20,000 grants and workspace to early-stage entrepreneurial plans involving current Lingnan students. The grants are intended for use in prototype development and customer discovery activities. These awards provide critical funding for high risk, high reward projects that have great potential to change the current status quo.
Students are encouraged to use SEED funds to implement entrepreneurial or social innovation projects developed in class in a real-world situation.
- Current Lingnan students of all years and disciplines are welcome
- Project teams who have received EKT fund will not be considered for the SEED Fund
Please submit the soft copy and the scanned signed copy of the application form (with the subject heading “Your full name_ Application Form”) and the full business proposal (with the subject heading “Your full name_ business proposal”) to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the application deadline. Normally applications will be invited twice a year.
1st round application deadline: before the end of November
2nd round application deadline: before the end of March
- Please complete the entire application in English.
- No incomplete applications, late applications, or repeat applications will be accepted.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to a selection interview.
- Please ask your Class Lecturer / Faculty Member to send the completed nomination form to email@example.com individually.
Featured privileges and obligations
Student teams successfully being admitted to the SEED Fund Scheme will receive the following supports:
1. Become a privileged member of the students Entrepreneurship Club and obtain a workspace on Lingnan campus
2. Participate in a series of entrepreneurial training through workshops, seminars, visits, etc., to add-on credit-bearing courses
3. Receive a grant up to HK$20,000 for each student team/project for use in prototype development and customer/beneficiaries discovery activities.
Students teams admitted to the SEED Fund Scheme will also be obligated to:
1. Fill up the follow-up surveys in two years time period after the grant award
2. Submit a project report regarding the progress of the idea exploration and expenditure of the grant one year after the grant award
3. Share their entrepreneurial experience with the students of Entrepreneurship Club at least once at any stage in the form of a seminar.
Tel: 2616 8074 / 2616 8063 / 2616 8072
Walk-in: Office of Service Learning, LBY101