Lingnan Entrepreneurship Initiative (LEI)
SDF - Carbon Neutral Action
Funded by the Sustainable Development Fund from the Environment and Ecology Bureau, the Office of Service-Learning (OSL) and Science Unit are launching the "Carbon Neutral Action" Program from September 2022 to August 2023. This program is powered by the Lingnan Entrepreneurship Initiative (LEI) in support of the SDG 11 Sustainable Cities and Communities and SDG 13 Climate Action, which aims at promoting the concept of low carbon living through organizing innovative and attractive educational activities for the youth, and thus induce their positive behavioral and attitude transformation toward green living in daily life.
This program will train a group of university students to become “Low Carbon Ambassadors” and raise their awareness, understanding, and reflection on low carbon living and sustainable development through a series of activities including exhibitions, workshops, and exploration tours. After that, student hostels and campus competitions, as well as community practice events will be held to motivate the ambassadors and their family members to exercise low carbon living. The ambassadors will then organize community events, bazaars, and e-promotion campaigns to promote the green messages in the community.
This program echos the HKSAR government's goal to achieve carbon neutrality by 2050. The deliverables of the program and feedback from participants will be gathered to support the government on policy-making in climate education.
- Enhancing the youth’s understanding and reflection on the concepts of “Carbon Emission”, “Waste Reduction” and “Low Carbon Lifestyle”.
- Encouraging the youth and their family members to practise low carbon Living.
- Promoting sustainable low carbon living to the wider public and fostering community participation.
- Low Carbon Ambassador Training Program
- Mobile Exhibition on Low Carbon Living (Campus)
- Upcycling Workshops
- Green Community Exploration Workshops
- Low Carbon Recipe Competition
- Low Carbon Student Hostels & Campus Challenge
- Green Community Tours
- Community Mobile Exhibition cum Low Carbon Living Award Scheme
- Low Carbon Bazaar cum Low Carbon Ambassador Graduation Ceremony