Hostel Arrangements and Important Information
- To help new UG students adjust to university life, it is recommended that all first year students be encouraged to reside in student hostels. Students who have decided to stay in student hostels in Term 1 2021/22 should pay special attention to the following special requirement:
- Hostel residents are required to be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 14 days after 2nd dose) against COVID-19 before the residential period starts. Those who cannot be vaccinated for medical/personal reasons are required to have COVID-19 testing once every 14 days during the residential period. Special cases will be considered on an individual basis. Residents who fail to comply with this requirement will be barred from entering hostels until the requirement is fulfilled and confirmed by the University. Please note that, due to the uncertain future circumstances, the University will periodically review this special requirement and may modify it according to the situation. Residents are reminded that the choice of receiving vaccination or being tested in order to comply with the Requirements is an entirely individual decision; and please discuss with your parents before making any decision. Any doubt about personal physical feasibility of receiving vaccination is strongly advised to consult your medical doctor.
- Hostel preferences is submitted via myLingnan Portal. Students should complete the user account activation and Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) in advance. Students who opted to reside in hostel will receive the hostel efees note and link to submit hostel preferences one working day after the online submission in the Online Reporting System. Hostel places are offered to students subject to availability. If the hostels are full, late admittees will be put in the waiting list.
- Non-local degree seeking undergraduate students do not need to submit hostel application in their first year of study. The Office of Student Affairs will contact you for hostel room assignment.
- New local students who submit the hostel online application by 23:59 on 16 Aug 2021 via the Online Reporting System could indicate preferences on hostel and room types. Room assignment will be done by system randomly for application received from 17 Aug 2021 onwards.
Hostel Residency Policy (HRP)
- All UG students who will study in the University for four years will normally be required to reside in student hostels for two years;
- All UG senior year students who will study in the University for two years will normally be required to reside in student hostels for one year;
- To help new UG students adjust to university life, it is recommended that all first year students be encouraged to reside in student hostels.
- Exemption and/or deferment mechanisms from items a, b, and c are available to accommodate students’ special/personal needs.
- UG students applying for residency beyond the durations indicated above under items a and b will be assessed by their academic performance, leadership, community service and other forms of contributions deemed appropriate.
Hostel Application Procedures and Room Assignment
When new students accepted the offer in the Online Reporting System, please complete question 8 (Student Hostel Application) to indicate if you wish to apply for residing in student hostel in 2021/22 academic year.
- OSA Hostel Team will email you to confirm if the application is received and enclose the hostel fee payment note to students via email. Please make sure that you have registered for 2FA (Two-Factor Authentication) Service and with access to myLingnan Portal and Lingnan email account. Student can also submit hostel block preferences via the online link in the email.
- New students should settle the hostel fee by 19 Aug 2021. Applicants admitted from 17 Aug 2021 onwards will have to settle the hostel fee within one week.
Announcement of Hostel Room Assignment Result
For JUPAS and Direct Main Round application, the hostel allocation result will be announced at 10am on 23 Aug 2021 (Mon) via your LU Mobile App account. For application received from 17 Aug 2021, the hostel allocation result will be announced when student receives the hostel fee payment note notification email.
Application for Deferment/ Exemption of Residency
For students who could not reside in student hostel, they are advised to apply for deferment/ exemption of hostel residency. Please note that all exemption applications are to be processed by the OSA Hostel Team, and the exemption of the Residency Requirement will NOT affect the graduation status. Please complete the online application form (LINK HERE) for application.
Hostel Check-in Procedures
New students can check in student hostel from 27 August 2021 (Friday) onwards. Hostel check-in must be completed in person. It is advised that students should collect their Student I.D. card at the Registry before the hostel check-in.
Office of Student Affairs (for hostel application and allocation. Tel: 2616-7312 / email: firstname.lastname@example.org/ https://www.ln.edu.hk/osa/hostel)
Campus Support Office (for check-in procedures. Tel: 2616-7134)