Service-Learning Teaching Assistant Program (S-LTA) (2022-23)
The S-LTA Program offers a unique opportunity for motivated students to develop their leadership and project management skills through coordinating various Service-Learning (S-L) projects in credit-bearing courses. It offers hands-on experience for S-LTAs to work with community partners and support fellow students to implement S-L projects that address universal challenges, such as poverty, environmental conservation, ageing issues and childcare development, and positively influence the lives of people.
The Program also offers extensive training on a wide range of skills and interdisciplinary workshops, which aims to equip S-LTAs with the skills of storytelling, project management, problem-solving, peer mentoring and design thinking, etc. Upon completion of the development program, S-LTAs will be well versed in how to implement projects that inspire peers to adopt innovative S-L and reflection approaches as well as being able to apply the transferrable skills in other future work settings.
- Full-time undergraduate students with at least one S-L experience (course-based or S-L Projects hosted by OSL)
- First-year students who are taking S-L course(s) in 2021-22 are welcome to apply
Ideal candidates should possess the following qualities:
- Passionate about creating a social impact in communities
- Have a strong desire to deepen the knowledge in S-L & collaborate with diverse people
- Responsible, motivated and open-minded
- Ability to work in a team and learn in a fast-paced environment
- With a strong can-do mindset
Compensation & Responsibilities:
- One-year-long placement with a $55/Working Hour allowance
- Assist in I&E development and S-L courses, under the guidance of OSL staff and S-L Coordinators
- Be active and take initiative to manage S-L projects, responsive to students’ requests and provide mentorship when needed
How to Apply
- Please register at the online application form and send your recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email title “Application for S-LTA Program 2022-23" by 21 April 2022 (Thu).
- OSL will invite shortlisted candidates to attend a selection interview after the application deadline.
Min (OSL) at 2616-8056/ email@example.com.