Student Development Programmes
Providence Foundation Outward Bound Leadership Training Awards
悟宿基金 - 外展訓練計劃
Programme date: 26 May - 1 June 2020 (7 days)
A 7-day leadership training course organised by the Outward Bound Hong Kong
Attend a 7-day outward bound training for FREE!! (original fee $4,850)
*The Foundation will sponsor each participant HK$4,000 and the University will sponsor each successful applicant another HK$800.
- Full-time Local Undergraduate Students
- The Cumulative GPA must be 2.2 or above
- Applicants should demonstrate high sense of responsibility, co-operation and strong participation in student activities in the University, and notable contribution to community service
- Applicants should be recommended by an academic staff
**Twelve students will be selected to represent the University, with at least one-third of the awardees shall be students studying in business-related courses.
- To maximize the capability of self-management;
- To strengthen problem-solving potentials;
- To acquire knowledge and skills in team building;
- To appreciate different types of leadership styles;
- To become more ready to take up leadership role in challenging situation.
METHOD OF TRAINING
- Experiential learning through outdoor activities in the mountains and on the sea;
- Structured experience for team work;
- Individual and group process reviews.
- Enhance your leadership skills and team spirit, and broaden your horizons
- Explore and develop your full potentials
ILP Units: 6 units (Social & Emotional Development) (Leadership Enhancement Scheme)
Application method: (To be announced)
Application deadline: February 2020
Enquiries: Ms Elaine Tsang
Future Star Programme (A Study Tour Organized by Wen Wei Po)
Details & Application : (To be announced)
After the registration, please send your full names, student IDs and contact numbers to Ms Elaine TSANG.
International Youth Exchange Programme (YA 20A Programme)
Organized by the Home Affairs Bureau and the Commission on Youth
Programme date: (To be announced)
- Aged between 18-24, who are holders of valid Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card;
- Proficient in English;
- Knowledgeable about Hong Kong and China;
- Have sound common sense and good academic background;
- Have impressive record of volunteer/community service in the past three years; and
- Have a valid travel document.
*Candidates should be prepared to have a very busy schedule before and after the visit.
Learning Outcome :
- Widen your horizons and international perspective, and to exchange ideas with overseas students
- Learn how to present HK to overseas guests
Application deadline: (To be announced)
AIA Foundation Young Leaders Development Program
* Adventure Leadership Training Camp
* A series of workshops including Leadership Workshop and Financial Planning Workshop
* Corporate and Company Visit
Sneak Peek of the Programmes
Orientation Day, Adventure & Leadership Camp, Career Workshop, Star Speaker Forum, Community Service Tour and more!!
(To be announced)
Outstanding participants will be awarded:
- Summer internship opportunities in AIA
- Reference by AIA Foundation
- Outstanding Young Leaders Award
- Favorite Young Leader Award
- Best Local Community Service Award
- Year 2 - 3 Full-time Undergraduate Students
- Hong Kong Permanent Residents
- GPA 3.1 or above
- Committed to giving back to the society
(*Only TWO students will be selected to represent the University; Interviews may be conducted by AIA)
Ms Elaine TSANG