Make use of overseas internship opportunities to define your future!
In 2015 - 2019 summer, over 120 students interned in Dublin, London, Berlin, Munich, Bremen, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Barcelona, Seville, Cadiz, Lisbon, Bergen, Paris, Kaunas (Lithuania), Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, Auckland and the USA via our cooperation with the following Working Partners in bringing more internship locations and industry choices to Lingnan full-time undergraduate students. All students of full-time UGC-funded programmes from all disciplines and all years are welcome to apply.
To support students' personal and career development, we provide subsidies for students to participate in overseas internship programmes. Although the subsidy may not be enough to cover the full programme fee and expenses, we hope it would be a good encouragement to students in venturing out of Hong Kong and Asia, and see the world!
Our Featured Overseas Internship Programmes
Intern in Ireland, UK, France, Germany,
Intern in Australia, New Zealand,
CareerDC takes you on a work
Spend a summer in Valencia for
a Fintech Internship
Spend a summer in Lisbon, Madrid or
Vytautas Magnus University brings you
* Students please apply directly with our internship partners unless otherwise stated.
Subsidy to Students
1. Bloom of Youth (BY): HK$16,000 (max. subsidy) per student for no-pay internship
2. Next Step Connections (NSC): HK$16,000* (max. subsidy) per student for no-pay internship (internship location in Asia will receive a max. subsidy of HK$10,000.)
3. VMU Summer Internship in Lithuania: HK$14,000 (max. subsidy per student for 4-week internship)
4. WONE Summer Internship in Portugal / Spain: HK$16,000 (max. subsidy per student for 6-week internship)
5. iEnrichment Fintech Internship in Valencia, Spain: HK$16,000 (max. subsidy per student for 6-week internship)
* Students with Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Shanghai & Chile / Kenya internship placement with Next Step Connections are NOT eligible for the subsidy
Students who wish to apply for Global Internships Subsidy, can apply here online: https://lingnan.au1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_e3YI1VTAFQjP1zf
Application Deadline : 23:59, 24 May 2020 (Sunday)
Only students of full-time UGC-funded programmes are eligible to apply for the subsidy from SSC. To receive the full subsidy, the selected intern has to fulfill the following:
- Complete the internship / work period in FULL
- FULLY attend all compulsory orientation / sessions required by the internship / work organizer
- Attend Pre-departure Meeting organized by SSC-Career Advisory Services
- Complete Pre-programme evaluation
- Return to HK on 31 Aug 2020
- Attend a post-internship meeting with SSC –Career Advisory Services
- Complete a post-programme evaluation
- Complete an internship / work programme report (around 500 words) and submit 10 photos at a date specified by SSC-Career Services - normally 3 weeks after the end of the internship
To apply for the subsidy, you must have received an internship offer from any one of the above internship programmes. You will then be invited to apply for the subsidy by SSC. Please also take note that your application might not be successful if you have any outstanding payment with the University and that your CGPA results are unsatisfactory. Students who are being suspended, on disciplinary hearing, or on academic probation, will not be eligible to apply for the subsidy. SSC has sole discretion to determine your subsidy application result.
We also wish to remind students that the subsidy received from SSC would not be enough to finance all the costs involved in joining overseas internship. Students are advised to plan your budget carefully and enquire all costs that would be involved. For subsidy, SSC normally will process in April after students have secured internship offers and their required visas. So if your internship programme requires you to pay the full programme fee earlier than April, you should have enough funds before April to settle payment.
Ms Sara Chow T: 2616-7404 E: saraty@LN.edu.hk
Ms Shirley Siu T: 2616-7366 E: shirleysiu2@LN.edu.hk