Important Reminders on Internet Scam and Telephone Deception
In case of any doubt and requiring further help, please call the Anti-Scam Helpline 18222. Anti-Deception Coordination Centre (Hong Kong Police Force under the Commercial Crime Bureau)
We would like to draw your attention to the internet scam and telephone deception cases happened in Hong Kong. In recent years, there is an increasing trend in the number of internet scam and telephone deception cases in Hong Kong. Quite a lot of people especially non-local students are one of the victims of these crimes including telephone deception, online romance scam, investment fraud, etc.
The frauds pretended they are calling from Express Companies, Departments of the Government such as Immigration Department or Health Departments. Please stay alert when you receive these kinds of calls and most important, do not disclose your personal information or transfer any money to them.
If you receive these calls and have doubts, please call the Anti-Scam Helpline 18222 operated by the Anti-Deception Coordination Centre (ADCC) of the Hong Kong Police Force.
Anti-Deception Coordination Centre (ADCC) is a centre under the Hong Kong Police Force. ADCC’s functions are providing instant telephone consultation services, educating the publics on the prevention of deception and monitoring and analysing the trend of deception cases, etc.
The Anti-Scam Helpline 18222 only provides consultation services. If you suspect that you have fallen prey to a scam, please report the case at the nearest police station. For emergency, dial 999.
Tuen Mun Police Station
Address: 100 Pui To Road, Tuen Mun, New Territories (Near the Tuen Mun MTR Station)
Tel: 3661 1670
Tips to Prevent Telephone and Rental Scams:
Tips to Prevent Telephone and Rental Scams
News about internet scam and telephone deception in Hong Kong:
- SCMP-"Hong Kong residents lose HK$726 million in 2021 to phone scammers pretending to be mainland Chinese officials"
- The Standard-"Teen, 19, loses HK$2m in ‘mainland official’ phone scam"
- SCMP-"Online shopping scams are up nearly 35 per cent from 2018, Hong Kong police figures show"
- The Standard-"Police arrest 32 in over HK$9m online scams"
- 香港01-警方首次邀請內地公安談電騙 強調不會派員到港執法
- 香港01-電騙新招｜騙徒疫境搵食 +852電話稱檢測呈陽性 呃市民銀行資料
- Hket-【偽冒電郵】首4月錄得127宗商業電郵騙案 釣魚電郵演習8成公司都有員工「中招」
- Hket-【慎防騙案】騙徒以「HKSARG」名義發SMS圖套取個人資料 警籲切勿受騙
Posters from ADCC