Key research areas
- Policy Analysis, Social Policy in Hong Kong and China, State-society Relations and Social
- Social protection for informal sector workers, social citizenship building, government purchase-of-services, and social trust and volunteerism
- Wen, Z., & Ngok, K. (2018). Governing the poor in Guangzhou: Marginalisation and the neoliberal paternalist construction of deservedness. China Information, 33(2), 210-233. doi: 10.1177/0920203X18786876
- Jiang, J., Qian, J., & Wen, Z. (2018). Social protection for the informal sector in urban China: Institutional constraints and self-selection behavior. Journal of Social Policy, 47(2): 335-357. doi: 10.1017/S0047279417000563
- Wen, Z. (2017). Government purchase of services in China: Similar intentions, different policy designs. Public Administration and Development, 37(1): 65-78. doi: 10.1002/pad.1792
- Wen, Z. (2015). Towards solidarity and recognition?: Changing social citizenship in China after a decade of social policy development. Asian Journal of Social Science. 43(1-2), 103-125.