School of Interdisciplinary Studies (SIS)
- Bachelor of Liberal Arts (Hons) in Global Development and Sustainability (GDS)
The Bachelor of Liberal Arts (Hons) in Global Development and Sustainability trains global skills through a multi-campus experience and a multi-disciplinary curriculum. Students learn to apply creative and critical thinking to global development and sustainability challenges through analysing cultural, economic, political, historical, environmental and social systems. By interacting within a small diverse cohort and by studying abroad in two or more continents, students learn to effectively communicate across varied cultural backgrounds and professional areas. Advanced coursework and a senior capstone, guided by academic advisers and professional mentors, enable students to address central human problems while critically considering future consequences, both locally and globally. Key features of the programme include:
- ONE Degree with Multi-campus and Multi-country Learning Experience in at least TWO different continents
- Interdisciplinary studies with specific professional study areas
- Required courses taught by Chair Professors and faculty members with Teaching Excellence Awards across all Faculties
- Worldwide network of prestigious partner universities and visiting partners such as Fudan University, the London School of Economics and Political Science, National Taiwan University, Peking University, Tsinghua University, Waseda University and Yonsei University
- Mentorship by distinguished and committed Hong Kong and global leaders such as The Honourable Bernard Charnwut Chan GBS JP, Dr. Rex Auyeung Pak-kuen JP and Professor Frederick Ma Si-hang GBS JP
- Bachelor of Social Sciences (Hons) in Sports Coaching and Event Management (SCEM)
The Bachelor of Social Sciences (Honours) in Sports Coaching and Event Management is a self-financed, two-year top-up degree programme. The programme is designed for Associate Degree/Higher Diploma graduates, as well as athletes who aspire to pursue a career in sports event and sports coaching sectors. It adopts an interdisciplinary learning approach aimed at enhancing the learning and teaching experiences of students. Various motifs relevant to the modern approach of sports coaching, including the integration of sports event management, and the incorporation of sports psychology into coaching, will be thoroughly studied within the two-year programme. Furthermore, students will be encouraged to critically reflect on concepts surrounding smart cities and its applications within the sports industry.
- Bachelor of Social Sciences (Hons) in Public Management and Smart Governance (PMSG)
The Bachelor of Social Sciences (Honours) in Public Management and Smart Governance is a top-up degree programme. It is a response to the rising demand for highly skilled talent in public sector management and organisations and is designed to meet the labour market needs to promote smart city clusters in the Greater Bay Area. The programme is featured by an interdisciplinary approach, experiential learning, flexible mode of learning and strong field visit experience. It shall equip students with practical, analytical and theoretical skills and knowledge in leading and managing public sector and organisations and contribute to the governance of smart city. Students will be trained to develop the skills to initiate and assist in implementing smart city strategies in the public sector and organisations.