Career Empowerment Programme
With an aim of enhancing students’ competitiveness in obtaining employment in reputable companies with promising positions, the Student Services Centre has launched the Career Empowerment Programme since the academic year 2007/08. Each year, a group of potential final year students are selected to undergo a series of intensive pre-employment trainings to polish their job hunting skills and sharpen their competitive edge.
- To empower students’ competitiveness and build up their confidence in applying for promising positions in reputable companies / organizations
- To refine students’ core job hunting and workplace skills in presentation, communication and interview
- To provide personalized career consultation to students
- To prepare and drill students during the most crucial stage of their job interview where advice and training will be tailor-made for individual industry / profession / company
- To form a group of student participants with strong cohesion and Lingnan spirit whereby they can support one another
Intensive training starts from late September 2019 onwards, and individual consultation will carry through until students secure a job offer.
For Final Year Students only:
- Good GPA (approximately 2.8 or above)
- Eagerness in aiming high in job search
- High motivation and enthusiasm in learning
- Active participation in extra-curricular activities / career programmes
- Good written & spoken language skills in both English & Chinese (including Putonghua)
CEP Activity Schedule 2019-20
Application Procedure (CEP 2019-20)
- Complete the Online Application and submit the following documents to the Student Services Centre on or before 11 Sep 2019 (5:00pm). Incomplete application will not be processed!
• Copy of Confirmation Email (as Cover Page) - to be received after submission of the Online Application
• Recent Photo (in Business Attire) - stick on top right corner on CV
• Copy of Online Transcript (all terms should be shown)
- Selection Interview will be held between 18 Sep and 19 Sep 2019. Please register for an Interview Session in the Online Application. (first-come-first-served, while seats are available).
For enquiries about CEP, you are welcome to contact us:
Mr. Albert SUEN
|Ms. Eliza CHAN