Lingnanian Executive Mentoring Programme (LEMP)
In an ever-changing and competitive society, university students have to equip themselves for their future careers. To better prepare students for such career challenges, the Student Services Centre launches a specially designed "Lingnanian Executive Mentoring Programme" (LEMP)*.
The LEMP mentors will share with mentees their life experience and success stories in academic study and career building. In particular, the mentors will provide updated job market information and professional advice on job hunting to mentees. The mentoring process is throughout mentees' final / penultimate year of study.
*Previously known as Lingnanian Career Mentoring Programme (LCMP).
- Enable students to develop an understanding of the work world and familiarize them with necessary job-related and life skills for specific career fields/professions
- Facilitate students' career planning and preparation at university stage
- Enable students to have chances of internship exposure
- Strengthen the "bond" of Lingnanians
Who are the Mentors?
- They are Lingnan alumni / Council / Court Members who ......
- have at least five years' working experience
- have distinguished achievement in their careers
- have high sense of belonging to Lingnan University
- are willing to devote their time and efforts to guiding mentees
- are able to give career advice to mentees
- come from different career fields including:
|- Accounting / Audit||- Logistics|
|- Administration / Management||- Digital Marketing / Marketing / Sales|
|- Advertising / Promotion||- Mass Media (TV/Broadcasting/Journalism)|
|- Banking & Finance||- Public Relations / Event Management|
|- Entrepreneurship||- Property Management|
|- Human Resources||- Social Services / NGOs|
|- Investment / Fund Management||- Education / Teaching|
For the past years, our LEMP mentors were from various career fields and reputable companies / organizations / Hong Kong listed companies, like HSBC, Hang Seng Bank, Bank of China, Bank of East Asia, Nomura International (HK) Ltd., Big Four CPA Firms, The Dairy Farm Co. Ltd., L'Oréal, Hopewell Holdings, Cheung Kong (Holdings) Ltd., Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, 4As Advertising Firm, Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide, Hong Kong Economic Times, Ming Pao, RTHK, Hong Kong Tourism Board, Hong Kong Jockey Club, Orbis, St. James’ Settlement, NGOs, government departments, etc.
Who can be LEMP Mentees in 2019-20?
To join LEMP as mentee, student must be a Year 2 or Year 3 undergraduate / postgraduate who will enter the final / penultimate year of study in academic year 2019-20. (i.e. graduate in 2020 or 2021)
Successful LEMP mentees are:
- eager to plan and prepare for your career
- willing to actively and regularly contact your mentor
- highly motivated to seek advice from your mentor
- committed to participate in and organize LEMP activities
- active in extra-curricular activities
- good language skills in both written and spoken English & Chinese (including Putonghua)
Activities of LEMP
LEMP mentees are required to participate in all of the following career-related activities throughout the mentoring period from September to August of next year. Details of these activities will be announced in due course by email, mentees please pay attention to the email notice and follow the guidelines for registration.
You are welcome to visit our photo album to know more about our previous LEMP events:
Opening Ceremony 2019-20 NEW !
Christmas Gathering 2018-19
One-day Career Visit to Greater Bay Area
Lingather Programme 2019:Alumni Career Advising Night
For more details about the LEMP 2019-20 activities and application procedure, please refer to the Information Sheet LEMP 2019-20.
- Complete the Online Application:
- Submit the following documents to the Student Services Centre on or before 1 April 2019 (5:00pm). Incomplete application will not be processed!
• Copy of Confirmation Email (as Cover Page)
• Recent Photo (in Business Attire) - stick on top right corner on CV
- Attend the Selection Interview on 10 or 11 April 2019 punctually. We will follow up with shortlisted students for the mentor-mentee matching during the summer.
For enquiries about LEMP, you are welcome to contact us:
|Mr. Albert Suen
|Ms. Shirley Siu
|Ms. Eliza Chan
(Last update on 26 Aug 2019)