Each student will be assigned an academic adviser from the Department to support them throughout their studies at the University.
HIGHLIGHTS OF ACADEMIC ADVISING
- Students are required to meet in person with their Academic Adviser at least once a term, with one meeting scheduled before the course registration exercise each year. Otherwise, their access to the registration system will be denied.
- Before meeting the Academic Adviser for revision of the study plan, each student should input and save the study plan in Degree Works. The user guidelines of Degree Works are available here.
- Students are advised to read through the programme structure of their intake available on DA+CI website.
- Students are highly recommended to follow the study plan of your intake cohort and pay attention to important deadlines and also discuss the study plan with their academic advisor.
For more information about academic advising, please visit the Registry's website here.
Students should refer to the Important Dates of course registration and academic advising available on the Registry's website.
- The input of courses in the Degree Works does not mean the completion of course registration.
- Students are advised to reserve a minimum of 12 free elective credits if they plan to go exchange.
- Normally a minor programme requires students to take 15 credits of courses. Students are advised to use the free elective credits to take their minor programmes. For more details of the minor programme, please visit the Registry’s website here.