Master of Arts in Curating and Art History
Applicants must have fulfilled the following requirements for admission to the MACAH programme:
- Applicants should hold a relevant degree or equivalent standard awarded by a tertiary education institution recognised for this purpose by Lingnan University; or have obtained an equivalent qualification;
- For those applicants who do not hold a relevant degree, they might be admitted on an exceptional and case-by-case basis. They must provide satisfactory evidence of academic/professional qualification deemed equivalent to a bachelor’s degree or having outstanding achievements or high distinction in the respective profession.
- Applicants should demonstrate proficiency in English; and
- An applicant whose degree or exceptionally an alternative qualification deemed equivalent is not from a tertiary institution in Hong Kong or an English-speaking country should obtain a minimum score of 550 (paper-based) or 79 (internet-based) in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)* or a band score of 6.5 or above in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)*, or an equivalent score in a recognised test, or an equivalent qualification to prove his/her language proficiency which will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Each candidate must submit a personal statement between 500 and 1200 words describing their career objectives and reason for applying for the programme, as well as any relevant experiences and skills they have in relation to curating and art history. It is advised to include additional supporting materials, such as samples of English writing, internship credentials, and portfolios (if any).
APPLICATION AND TUITION FEE
Application Period for 2024 intake: 1 NOVEMBER 2023 to 30 APRIL 2024.
For 2024-2025 intake, the annual tuition fee for full-time study is HK$140,000.
For 2024-2025 intake, the annual tuition fee for part-time study is HK$70,000.
1.Additional charges apply to optional co-curricular activities such as internships and the Summer School taking place outside Hong Kong.
Targeted Taught Postgraduate Programmes Fellowships Scheme (2024-25 entry)
Eligible applicants who are admitted to MACAH will be invited by the Programme Office to submit applications for the Targeted Taught Postgraduate Programmes Fellowships Scheme. Each recipient will receive a scholarship to a cap of HK$120,000.
Applications must be submitted online with settling an application fee of HK$400 via Lingnan University's Online Application System.
Note: All documents submitted will not be returned. Information on all unsuccessful applicants and applicants who have declined the offer will be destroyed after the admission exercise. All application fees paid are non-refundable and no receipt for application fee will be issued.