BA (Honours) in Visual Studies (for 2018-19 intake)
In keeping with the Liberal Arts mission of Lingnan University, Visual Studies emphasizes transferable skills and a whole-person approach to education. We adopt a comprehensive and interdisciplinary approach to the study of art, aesthetics, and visual expression and its appreciation. Experiential learning is an integral part of the curriculum and central to the studio, internship, and service-learning courses. A well-established Artist-in-Residence programme provides ample opportunities for active engagement with the art world.
- To provide students with a grounding in art history, philosophical aesthetics, film studies and museum studies, and to develop students’ capacity to make cross-disciplinary connections amongst these areas through an issues-oriented approach;
- To engage students in research expression through art practice; and
- To foster values that result in lifelong engagement with creativity, art and community.
|Category||No. of Courses||No. of Credits|
| Programme Electives |
- Categories 1 & 2: History of the Visual Arts, Aesthetic & Service-Learning (24-33 credits)
- Categories 3 & 4: Studio Practice & Internship (3-12 credits)
|Chinese Language/ Putonghua||2||6|
GENERAL STUDY PLAN
|Year||Core Curriculum||Language|| BA |
| Free |
| Normal |
| Common |
| Cluster |
|English|| Chinese/ |
|Year 1||6|| 15 ||6||3||48||27||30|
|Year 2||6||6||3|| 30 |
|Year 3||-||-||-|| 30 |
|Year 4||-|| - ||-|| 30 |
For the course descriptions and information about course prerequisite and restriction, please visit the Registry's website here.