Administrative Interns – Special Student Support Programme for 2020 Graduates
To: Graduating students in 2020
Subject: Special Student Support Programme for 2020 Graduates – Administrative Interns
Date: 10 June 2020
|Department of Economics
Special Student Support Programme for 2020 Graduates
Job Training Programs - Administrative Internship
||10- 19 June 2020 [Update]
||Graduating Students in 2020 [Update]
|Period of Internship:
||early July - end August 2020
|Number of Vacancies:
||HKD 9,900 monthly
||Best candidate will be offered with a 9-month appointment as Administrative Trainee
Under the guidance and supervision of the Senior Administrative Officer, the Administrative Intern provides support to administrative services to the Department of Economics ensuring high quality of work, ensures accurate, timely and properly recorded/documented service delivery. The 2-month internship includes practical job assignments and on-the-job training.
Under direct supervision, performs administrative tasks to assist assigned staff with the performance of their duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide assistance in general administrative and logistical support to the Office in accordance with Lingnan University's rules, regulations, policies, and strategies;
- Provide administrative support to departmental activities such as meetings, seminars, conferences, workshops, retreats;
- Assists in the preparation of correspondences, meeting agenda/minutes, written reports and recommendations;
- Maintain filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials;
- Assist in processing purchase and payment requisitions through required review and approval process, according to the University's policies and procedures;
- Monitoring and maintain office stationery supplies, furniture, office equipment, computer items including maintenance of stock lists of these items.
Required Skills and Experience
Ideal applicants are expected have: (i) career plan in administrative fields; (ii) good command of both Chinese and English; (ii) competencies in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and knowledge in webpage applications; (iii) good communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
Applicants should send a cover letter with a resume to the Department of Economics by email to econ@LN.edu.hk. Potential candidate will be invited to join a typing test and a job interview in early June.