胡一帆教授BS (Zhejiang), MA (Renmin), PhD (Georgetown)
- Honorary Professor
Prof. Hu received her Ph.D in Economics from Georgetown University and B.S. in Economics from Zhejiang University. She is currently the APAC CIO and Head Macroeconomics, Managing Director at UBX WM Hong Kong since 2015. She works alongside the investment teams globally and in Asia Pacific, helps shape CIO's macroeconomic and investment views on APAC. Before joing UBS WM, Prof. Hu has held several Chief Economist positions since 2007, most recently at Haitong International where she was tasked with leading H-share equity research. Prior to this role, Prof. Hu worked as a Chief Economist at CITIC Securities, China Economist at France's Natixis, and China Strategist at Merrill Lynch. Her views and columns can be found in leading financial media. Prior to that, Prof. Hu was an Assistant Professor at the School of Business and Economics at the University of Hong Kong and published extensively in the international and Chinese academic journals such as Journal of Development Economics, Journal of Macroeconomics, Journal of Banking and Finance & etc. Prof. Hu has considerable experiences in research and consulting, and served in various prestigious organizations including the World Bank and The Peterson Institute for International Economics (PIIE) in Washington D.C.
著作SELECTED PAPERS PUBLISHED
- “Economic Transition, Higher Education and Worker Productivity in China”, 2010, with Belton Fleisher, Haizheng Li and Seonghoon Kim, Journal of Development Economics.
- “An Empirical Analysis of Contracting by Chinese Firms”, 2010, with Larry Qiu, China Economic Review.
- “Bonds and Transactions Service and Optimal Ramsey Policy”, 2009, with Timothy Kam, Journal of Macroeconomics 31: 633-653.
- “The Performance Effect of Managerial Ownership: Evidence from China”, 2008, with Xianming Zhou, Journal of Banking and Finance 32 (10): 2099-2110.
- “Imports of Capital Goods and Enterprise Performance: A Firm-Level Analysis in China”, 2008, with Simon Fan, Applied Economics Letters 15 (5): 391-394.
- “Foreign Investment and Indigenous Technology”, 2007, with Simon Fan, Economics Letters 96 (2): 253-258.
- “Major Sources of Production Improvement and Innovation Growth in Chinese Enterprises”, 2007, with Ke Li and Jin Chi, Pacific Economic Review 12 (5): 683-710.
- “The Choice of Inflation Targeting: An Empirical Investigation”, 2006, International Economics and Economic Policy 3 (1): 27-42.
- “Government Bond Seigniorage”, 2006, Australian Economic Review 39 (4): 376-390.
- “Political Economy of Labor Retrenchment: Evidence based on China’s SOEs”, 2006, with Sonja Opper and Sonia Wang, China Economic Review 17 (3): 281-299.
- “The Impact of FDI on R&D: Theoretical Model and Empirical Evidence”, 2008, with Simon Fan and Hongliang Zheng, Journal of Economic Research (in Chinese) 43 (1): 89-102.
- “Does Privatization Work in China?”, with Frank Song and Jack Zhang, 2006, Journal of Economic Research (in Chinese) 41 (7): 49-60.
- “Strategic priorities: China’s Reforms and Reshaping of the Global Order”, by Yifan Hu, in both English and Chinese, November 2013 and March 2014.
“A Year of Renewal – Global Economy and Market Outlook” on 23 April 2021 (FRI).
|Address:||WYL320, 3/F, Dorothy Y. L. Wong Building, Lingnan University|