王偉聰教授BSocSc (LU); MPhil (LU); MSc (CUHK); PhD (LU)
- Assistant Professor of Teaching
- Department of Economics, Lingnan University
Prof. Gary Wong is Assistant Professo of the Department of Economics at Lingnan University. He received his PhD from the Lingnan Univeristy and MSc in Business Economics from the Chinese University of Hong Kong. He has served in several departments at the Lingnan University as a teaching and research staff before he joined Department of Economics. His current research focuses are on the housing economics and the Hong Kong economy.
- PhD in Economics, Lingnan University
- MSc in Business Economics, The Chinese University of Hong Kong,
- MPhil in Social Sciences, Lingnan University
- BSocSc – Public Policy & Resources Allocation stream, Lingnan University
- Assistant Professor of Teaching, Economics Department, Lingnan University, 2020
- Senior Lecturer, Economics Department, Lingnan University, 2016 to 2020
- Lecturer, Economics Department, Lingnan University, 2012 to 2016
- College Lecturer, Community College, Lingnan University, 2010 to 2012
- Research Development Officer, Centre for Public Policy Studies, Lingnan University, 2004 to 2010
FIELDS OF INTEREST
- Housing Economics, Hong Kong Economy
- "Low-fidelity buyer seller housing simulations can encourage authentic learning experiences", (with Wong P. P. Y.), International Review of Economics Education, forthcoming.
- "The Market Distortion Effects of Mortgage Tightening and Transaction Taxes: Evidence from Hong Kong Residential Re-sale Market", (with L, S Ho, Mengna Hu, Xiangdong Wei), Pacific Economic Review, forthcoming.
- "Social Learning as a Means to Stimulate Idea Generation for Collective Intelligence among Higher Education Students", (wtih Wong, P. and Chong, J), Knowledge Management & E-Learning, forthcoming
- Ho L.S and Gary W.C. Wong, 2020, “Taxing Land Rent, Lowering Other Taxes -- The Case of Hong Kong”, Asian Education and Development Studies, Vol 9(4), 521-533.
- Gary W.C. Wong and L.S. Ho, 2017, "Policy-driven housing cycle: The Hong Kong case of supply intervention", International Real Estate Review, 20(3), 375-396.
- Ho L.S and Gary W.C. Wong, 2009, "The First Step on the Housing Ladder: A Natural Experiment in Hong Kong", Journal of Housing Economics, 2009 (18), 59-67.
- Ho L.S and Gary W.C. Wong, 2008, "Nexus Between the Housing Market and the Macroeconomy", Pacific Economic Review, 2008(13)2, 223-239.
- Ho L.S. and Gary W.C. Wong, 2006, "Privatization of Public Housing: How it Caused a Deep Recession in Hong Kong", Contemporary Economic Policy, 24(2), 262-273.
- Ho L.S., Wei Xiangdong and Gary W.C. Wong, 2005, "The Effect of Trade on Wage Inequality: The Hong Kong Case", Journal of International Economics, 67, pp 241-257.
- With Wong P.P.Y., 2022, "Social Experiential Learning for Zero Waste Education in a Liberal Arts University', in: Tso, A.W.B., Chan, A.Ck., Chan, W.W.L., Sidorko, P.E., Ma, W.W.K. (eds) Digital Communication and Learning. Educational Communications and Technology Yearbook. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-16-8329-9_5
- With L.S Ho, 2006, "A Survey Report on Happiness Index and Determinants of Happiness in Hong Kong 2005", CPPS working paper series, No. 177.
- With L.S Ho, 2006, "A Survey Report on Happiness Index and Determinants of Happiness in Hong Kong 2006", CPPS Working Paper Series, No. 178.
- Ho L.S and Gary W.C. Wong (2003). The Nexus between Housing and the Marco Economy: Hong Kong as a Case Study, CPPS Working Paper Series, No. 143, Lingnan University.
- Apr, 2016. "貨幣與銀行", 香港電台『這一科，學什麼』撰文, 香港電台教育網站eTVonline.
- With L.S Ho and Felix Tsang. 2007. "A Study of Unemployment in Tuen Mun", commissioned by Tuen Mun District Council.
- ECO3001 The Hong Kong Housing Market
- CCC8012 The Making of Hong Kong (Co-teach)
- CLC9005 Finance and Politics: Public Interests and Private Manipulation
- CLD9002 Understanding Social and Economic Indicators (Co-teach)
|電話︰||(852) 2616 7388|
|傳真︰||(852) 2891 7940|