張天樂教授BSc (Sun Yat-sen); MSc (HKUST); PhD (Colorado)
- Associate Professor, Department of Economics, Lingnan University
- Director, Centre for Competition Policy and Regulation
Professor Tianle Zhang is an Associate Professor at the Department of Economics and the Director of Centre for Competition Policy and Regulation (CCPR) at Lingnan University. His research areas include Industrial Organization and Competition Policy. Professor Zhang has published in academic journals including American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, Economic Journal, International Economic Review, Management Science, Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, and International Journal of Industrial Organization. Professor Zhang has received several research grants from the HKSAR Government and has been an associate editor of International Journal of Industrial Organization since 2018.
14. Experience Goods and Consumer Search. (with Yongmin Chen and Zhuozheng Li), American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, Vol. 14 (3), 591-621, 2022.
13. Advance Selling Programs: When to Introduce and What to Inform Consumers. (with Yucheng Ding), Managerial and Decision Economics, Vol. 43 (3), 779-790, 2022
12. Price-directed Consumer Search. (with Yucheng Ding), International Journal of Industrial Organization, Vol. 58, 106-135, 2018.
11. Intermediaries and Consumer Search. (with Yongmin Chen), International Journal of Industrial Organization, (EARIE Special Issue) Vol. 57, 255-277, 2018.
10. Entry and Welfare in Search Markets. (with Yongmin Chen), Economic Journal, Vol. 128, 55-88, 2018.
9. Interpersonal Bundling. (with Yongmin Chen), Management Science, Vol. 61, 1456-1471, 2015.
8. Equilibrium Price Dispersion with Heterogeneous Searchers. (with Yongmin Chen), International Journal of Industrial Organization, Vol. 29, 645-654, 2011.
Economics of Innovation
7. Product Liability, Multidimensional R&D and Innovation. (with Ping Lin), Journal of Economics, Vol. 136, 25–45, 2022.
6. Vertical Integration and Disruptive Cross-market R&D. (with Ping Lin and Wen Zhou), Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Vol. 29 (1), 51-73, 2020.
5. Patentability, R&D Direction, and Cumulative Innovation. (with Yongmin Chen and Shiyuan Pan), International Economic Review, Vol. 59, 1969-1993, 2018.
4. (When) Do Stronger Patents Increase Continual Innovation? (with Yongmin Chen and Shiyuan Pan), Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Vol. 98, 115–124, 2014.
3. Patenting in the Shadow of Independent Discoveries by Rivals. International Journal of Industrial Organization, Vol. 30, 41-49, 2012.
2. Financing Orphan Drugs through a Blockchain-supported Insurance Model. (with Lok Sang Ho, Chun Tak Kwok, Kam Pui Wat, Francisco T.T. Lai and Spencer Li), Frontiers in Blockchain, Vol. 5, 2022.
1. Tax Reform for a Fairer, More Vibrant Economy. (with Lok Sang Ho), Modern Economy, Vol. 07, 881-893, 2016.
Selected Working Papers and Work-in-progress
- Consumer Search with Repeated Purchase. (with Yongmin Chen and Zhuozheng Li), working paper, 2021
- Search and Competition in Expert Markets. (with Yiran Cao, Yongmin Chen and Yucheng Ding), working paper, 2022
- Security and Connectivity. (with Yongmin Chen, and Michael Riordan), work-in-progress.
- ECO3104 Tools for Economics Analysis
- ECO4316 Industrial Economics and Competition Policy
- CLA9010 Social Problem Solving and Decision Making in the Modern World
|電話︰||(852) 2616 7202|
|傳真︰||(852) 2891 7940|