- "A Theory of Migration as a Response to Occupational Stigma," with Oded Stark, International Economic Review, 2001, 52(2), pp. 549 -571.
- "Political Decentralization and Corruption: Evidence from around the World," with Chen Lin and Daniel Treisman, Journal of Public Economics, February 2009, 93(1-2), pp. 14-34.
- "Looking at the "Population Problem" through the Prism of Heterogeneity: Welfare and Policy Analyses" with Oded Stark, International Economic Review, August 2008, 49(3), pp. 799-835.
- "Rural-to-Urban Migration, Human Capital, and Agglomeration," with Oded Stark, Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, October 2008, 68 (1), pp. 234-247.
- Hong, Fuhai and Susheng Wang, 2012, Climate Policy, Learning, and Technology Adoption in Small Countries, Environmental and Resource Economics, 51 (3), 391-411.
- Hong, Fuhai and Larry Karp, 2012, International Environmental Agreements with Mixed Strategies and Investment, Journal of Public Economics, 96 (9-10), 685-697.
- Hong, Fuhai, 2014, Technology Transfer with Transboundary Pollution: A Signalling Approach, Canadian Journal of Economics, 47(3), 953-980.
- Hong, Fuhai and Xiaojian Zhao, 2014, Information Manipulation and Climate Agreements, American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 96(3), 851-861. OUPblog Coverage in ClimateWire
- Hong, Fuhai and Larry Karp, 2014, International Environmental Agreements with Endogenous or Exogenous Risk, Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, 1(3), 365-394
- Hong, Fuhai, Tanjim Hossain and John List, 2015, Framing Manipulation in Contests: A Natural Field Experiment, Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, 118, 372-382.
- Hong, Fuhai, 2015, International Environmental Agreements with Reference Points, Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly: Journal of Socio-Economics), 59, 68-73.
- Lo, Dic, Fuhai Hong and Guicai Li, 2016, Assessing the Role of Inward Foreign Direct Investment in Chinese Economic Development, 1990-2007: Towards a Synthesis of Alternative Views, Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, 37, 107-120.
- Hong, Fuhai and Wooyoung Lim, 2016, Voluntary Participation in Public Goods Provision with Coasian Bargaining, Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, 126, Part A, 102-119.
- Hong, Fuhai, Wooyoung Lim and Xiaojian Zhao, 2017, The Emergence of Compositional Grammars in Artificial Codes, Games and Economic Behavior, 102, 255-268.
- Hong, Fuhai and Xiaojian Zhao, 2017, The Emergence of Language Differences in Artificial Codes, Experimental Economics, 20(4), 924-945.
- Hong, Fuhai, Tanjim Hossain, John List and Migiwa Tanaka, 2018, Testing the Theory of Multitasking: Evidence from A Natural Field Experiment in Chinese Factories, International Economic Review, 59(2), 511-536.
- He, Tai-Sen and Fuhai Hong, 2018, Risk Breeds Risk Aversion, Experimental Economics, 21(4), 815-835.
- Hong, Fuhai, Wei Huang and Xiaojian Zhao, 2019, Sunk Cost as a Self-Management Device, Management Science, 65(5), 2216-2230.
- Hong, Fuhai and Tat-How Teh, 2019, Bureaucratic Shirking, Corruption and Firms’ Environmental Investment and Abatement, Environmental and Resource Economics, 74(2), 505-538.
- Hong, Fuhai and Zhendong Yin, 2019, Optimal Antibribery Policy when Bribery Type is Endogenous, Journal of Public Economic Theory, 21(6), 1074-1106.
- Chen, Xiu, Fuhai Hong and Xiaojian Zhao, 2020, Concentration and Variability of Forecasts in Artificial Investment Games: An Online Experiment on WeChat, Experimental Economics, 23(3), 815-847.
- Hong, Fuhai and Nori Tarui, 2020, Special Issue on Environmental Governance in Asia: Introduction, Singapore Economic Review, 65(3), 551-553.
- Hong, Fuhai and Zhendong Yin, 2020, Collusion, Extortion and the Government’s Organizational Structure, Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, 180, 1-23.
- Hong, Fuhai, Larry Karp and Tat How Teh, 2021, Identity in Public Goods Contribution, Social Choice and Welfare, forthcoming.
- "Creditor Rights, Information Sharing, and Bank Risk Taking", with J. Houston, C. Lin and Y. Ma, Journal of Financial Economics, Volume 96, Issue 3, June 2010, pp. 485–512
- "FDI into a Two-Tier Oligopoly: Spillovers, Vertical Integration and Welfare", with Kamal Saggi, International Economic Review, 52(4), 2011, pp. 1271-1290.
- "Corruption in Bank Lending to Firms: Cross-Country Micro Evidence on the Beneficial Role of Competition and Information Sharing", with James R. Barth, Chen Lin, and Frank M. Song, Journal of Financial Economics, 91, 2009, pp. 361-388.
- "Multinational Firms, Exclusivity, and Backward Linkages", with Kamal Saggi, Journal of International Economics, 71, 2007, pp. 206-220.
- "Does China Really Lose from RMB Revaluation: Evidence from Some Export Industries", (with Li, G.Z. & Jimmy Ran), Applied Economics, 2006, Vol. 38, pp. 1715 -1723.
- "Do Psychological Factors Emanating From a Financial Crisis Affect Consumption? Evidence from China", with R F Zhang, China An International Journal, Jan 2013; 11(1), pp. 146-156.
- "Impacts of Financial Crisis On Family Units In China: The Role of Family Law", with John Voon, Journal of Contemporary China, 2011, Volume 20, Issue 70, pp. 397-412.
- "A Structural Model Of Consumption: An Application to China During The Global Financial Crisis", with J C Voon, The Journal of Socio-Economics, June 2012, Volume 41, Issue 3, Pages 284–288
- All-Units Discounts as a Partial Foreclosure Device (with Yong Chao and Guofu Tan) The RAND Journal of Economics, Volume 49, Issue 1, Spring 2018, pp. 155-180.
- The Choice of the Number of Varieties: Justifying Simple Mechanisms Journal of Mathematical Economics, Volume 54, October 2014, pp. 7-21.
- The Role of Private Information in Dynamic Matching and Bargaining: Can It Be Good for Efficiency? (with Artyom Shneyerov) Economics Letters, Volume 112, Issue 1, July 2011, pp. 128-131.
- Identification in First-Price and Dutch Auctions when the Number of Potential Bidders is Unobservable (with Artyom Shneyerov) Games and Economic Behavior, Volume 72, Issue 2, June 2011, pp. 574-582.
- The Rate of Convergence to Perfect Competition of Matching and Bargaining Mechanisms (with Artyom Shneyerov) (Supplementary material: A Mathematica notebook for the proof of Theorem 3) Journal of Economic Theory, Volume 145, Number 3, May 2010, pp. 1164-1187.
- Bilateral Matching and Bargaining with Private Information (with Artyom Shneyerov) Games and Economic Behavior, Volume 68, Issue 2, March 2010, pp. 748-762.
- Estimation of the Autoregressive Order in the Presence of Measurement Errors (Abstract), (with Terence Tai-Leung Chong, Venus Liew and Edith Yuanxiu Zhang), Economics Bulletin, Volume 3, May 2006, no. 12, pp. 1-10.
- "Supplemental education services under No Child Left Behind: Who Signs Up and What Do They Gain?", with C. Heinrich and R H Meyer, Educational Evaluation and Policy Analysis, Jun 2010, Vol. 32, Issue 2, pp. 273 -298.
- "Patentability, R&D Direction, and Cumulative Innovation" (with Yongmin Chen and Shiyuan Pan), Forthcoming, International Economic Review.
- "Intermediaries and Consumer Search" (with Yongmin Chen), International Journal of Industrial Organization, Vol. 57, 255-277, 2018.
- "Interpersonal Bundling", with Y Chen, Management Science, Informs, May 2014, 17 Pages, forthcoming.
- "(When) Do Stronger Patents Increase Continual Innovation?", with Y. Chen and S. Pan, Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, Vol. 98, pp. 115 -124, ELSEVIER, Feb 2014.
- "Patenting in the Shadow of Independent Discoveries by Rivals", International Journal ofIndustrial Organization, Jan 2012, Vol. 30, Issue 1, pp. 41 -49.
- "Equilibrium Price Dispersion with Heterogeneous Searchers", with Y. Chen, InternationalJournal of Industrial Organization, Nov 2011, Vol. 29, Issue 6, pp. 645 -654.