Terms of reference
- To be responsible for the delivery of the programme(s) and courses it offers, including course planning, teaching, assessment, evaluation, and achievement of the intended student learning outcomes.
- To be responsible for the quality of teaching and research work of the department.
- To formulate departmental policies within University guideline.
- To consider staff matters of the department.
- To set up committees as it thinks necessary to discharge its duties.
- To exercise such additional responsibilities and powers as may be assigned to it by the President from time to time.
Chairman : Head of the Department
Professor QIU Dongxiao Larry
Members : All full-time members of the teaching staff of the Department at the rank of Assistant Lecturer or higher (in alphabetical order):
Professor FAN Chengze, Simon
Dr. GUO Wenshu
Dr. HE Lisha, Lisa
Professor HONG Fuhai
Dr. HU Fang, Coby
Mr. LEUNG Hin Shing, Billy
Professor VOON Jan-piaw, Thomas
Professor WANG Yonglin, Laura
Professor WONG Chi Leung, Adam
Professor WONG Wai-chung, Gary
Professor WHITTEN Gregory William
Professor XIAO Junji
Professor YE Han
Professor ZHANG Tianle
Two elected student representatives :
Ms. ZOU Tingxuan (T1) (3rd year of ECON),
Ms. Wanting LAI (T2) (4th year of ECON)
Ms. Hoi Ching SO (3rd year of ECON)
Secretary: To be elected from among its members
Professor WHITTEN, W. Gregory (Assistant Professor of Teaching)
Observer: One research postgraduate student (if any) elected from among themselves
Ms. LIANG Jing (2nd year of PhD in Economics)
[Note: The Dean concerned should receive the agenda papers and minutes of the Department Boards.]