With a view to providing a quiet place for students and colleagues to pray and meditate, a small room ‘Discussion Room A’ at the Chinese Manufacturers' Association of Hong Kong Integrated IT Study Centre (MB412) has been designated for such use during the following reserved time slots:
(a) 12 noon to 2:00pm
(b) 5:00 pm to 7:00pm
(c) 8:00 pm to 9:00pm
Students and colleagues wishing to pray or simply spend some time in quiet contemplation may find comfort in this multi-faith praying and meditation venue. However, interested users will need to register for use of the room for such purposes.
- The above time slots are reserved for quiet prayer or meditation for Lingnan University staff and students ONLY, on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Application for use of this room in the following time slots is required. Interested users are required to fill in the form available at the following link: https://www.ln.edu.hk/sys/regbuilder/registration/reg_rma_mb412_term2 to have their staff /student card registered.
- The maximum capacity for use at one time is 5. Kindly note that there are chances for registered users to have to wait outside the room when it reaches full capacity.
Your understanding and patience is much appreciated.
- All users should observe strict silence, and only carry out activities of the above-said nature. Users should be considerate and respect fellow users of the room, and to ensure that the environment remains welcoming to users of different faiths, race and ethnicities.
- Drinking and eating are not permitted. Lighting of candles and burning of incense in the room are also not permitted.
- Displaying or distributing any religious materials in the room is not permitted. Notices, poster, leaflets or advertisement etc. must not be left in the room.
- Users should, at the end of the booked time slot, vacate the venue, and leave the venue in a clean and orderly state. Please move the furniture to its original setting
according to the photo posted in the room. Users should not remove the furniture/equipment from the room.
- Users would be responsible for their personal belongings during the use of the room.
- In addition to those terms detailed above, regulations for use of this room also fall within the Regulations in the Computer Laboratories.
- For enquiries about facilities in the room, or complaints about abuse of the room, please contact Facilities Management Division (Operations & Maintenance) at 2616 7134. For enquiries about policy and usage of the room, please email Lingnan University Equal Opportunities Committee (LUEOC) at eoc@LN.edu.hk