1. General Qualifications
- An applicant should hold a bachelor's degree awarded by a recognized tertiary institution or have equivalent qualifications, which will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
2. Language Requirements
- a minimum score of 550 (paper-based test) or 79 (internet-based test) in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or - a band score of 6.5 or above in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- An applicant whose degree is not from a tertiary institution in Hong Kong or an English-speaking country should obtain:
- Applicants who do not fulfil the above language requirements but have an equivalent score in a recognized test, or an equivalent qualification assessment to prove their language proficiency may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Applicants with a bachelor’s degree in a non-business discipline from a recognized tertiary institution have to complete and pass a pre-entry programme prior to their formal admission to the PGDA/MAcc programme. The number of pre-entry courses required to take by an applicant will depend on his/her undergraduate study.
- Applicants will enjoy admission preference if they have related working experiences or have professional qualification in Accounting, Auditing, Taxation or Finance.
- Applicants who have graduated from a university using English as a main teaching language do not normally need to present evidence of their language proficiency.
Visiting / Auditing Student
Some students may be interested in studying only one or two courses in our PGDA / MAcc programme. An applicant whose educational standard is deemed adequate by the Department of Accountancy, Lingnan University, may be considered for admission as a visiting / auditing student to study one or two courses in the PGDA/MAcc programme. A visiting student must successfully complete all requirements, including but not limited to examinations, of the course taken, and will receive grade and credits for that course. An auditing student is not allowed to sit for any examinations and will not be given any grade or other academic recognition for the courses taken.
Tuition fee for visiting/auditing student is HKD14,000 per course.