Students are required to complete 11 modules in one year of study. Each module bears three credits.
Core Courses (Seven courses):
- ACT501 Auditing
- ACT502 Business and Company Law
- ACT503 Cost and Management Accounting
- ACT504 Financial Accounting and Reporting
- ACT505 Hong Kong Taxation and Tax Planning
- ACT506 Managerial Finance
- ACT601 Accounting Theory
Students completing the first six core courses (18 credits) in the first semester with a cumulative GPA of 2.67 will receive the Postgraduate Diploma in Accountancy (PGDA) intermediate award. The PGDA awardees are eligible to enrol in the Hong Kong Institute of CPAs (HKICPA) Qualification Programme (QP). However, the final admission decision is subject to the approval of the HKICPA.
Elective Courses* (Any four):
- ACT602 Research Project in Accounting
- ACT604 China Taxation: An International Perspective
- ACT605 Contemporary Issues in Management Accounting
- ACT606 Forensic Accounting and Fraud Examination
- ACT607 Financial Statement Interpretation and Analysis
- ACT608 The Economic Law of China
- ACT609 Advanced Auditing
- ACT610 Accounting Ethics and Corporate Governance
- ACT611 Comparative Legal Systems
- ACT612 Data Analytics for Accounting
- ACT613 Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Issues in Business and Accounting
- ACT614 Financial Regulatory Environments of Hong Kong and Mainland China
* The offering of elective courses is subject to sufficient demand and faculty availability.