Username & Password
The username is generated in one of the following two ways:
- "Official Given Name" + "Surname"
- "Preferred Firstname" + "Surname if you have provided a "Preferred Firstname" (for staff only)
For example, if your surname is "Chan" and your given name is "Tai Man", your Lingnan username would be "taimanchan". For staff, if you provide a "Preferred Firstname", say "Peter", your Lingnan username would be "peterchan" instead.
In case of the username having been occupied, a sequence number will be appended to the username. For example, "taimanchan2" or "peterchan3" would be assigned in our previous examples. Please also be reminded that there should not be any vulgar words or punctuation characters in the username.
As part of the university's increased information security, it is compulsory to change your password at least every 180 days. The format of the password needs to be:
- Minimum of 8 characters in length
- Mixture of alphabetic and numeric characters (at least one of each)
- Different from your last 3 passwords
You are recommended to change your password regularly and keep your password to yourself only.
Here are some tips for you to choose your password. The password is case sensitive. You may mix cases to make it more secure.
- DO NOT use your name or common words as your password.
- NEVER share your account and disclose your password to others