ITPOC Business Case
To be completed by requester and ITSC
- A brief summary/overview of the proposal.
- Requesting Department.
- Description of the function.
- Anticipated target date.
- If applicable, how this function is being performed in today’s environment and why the current solution is inadequate.
- Why the function is important to the department and/or university.
- Describe the impact/s of NOT providing the indicated functionality.
- Customer Relationship
- If applicable, provide alternatives for providing this functionality.
- Describe alternative/s for providing this functionality or, if modification of current software is being considered, describe the modification
- Identify other institutions as references for the alternative/s
- Describe advantages and disadvantages associated with each alternative or with the proposed project
- List the technical considerations that were identified by ITSC and the requesting department.
- Identify the cost implications of the proposed project or alternative/s.
- Software acquisition costs
- Additional hardware/network considerations
- Implementation or consulting
- Staff support to create and maintain interfaces
- If possible, identify the source of funds to pay for the project.
- Identify lead-time issues, such as equipment acquisition lead time, training time, etc. that will impact the success of the implementation.
- Describe how the timing of this purchase or application development affects current or pending projects.
- If available, provide supporting information (e.g., recommendation of an evaluation committee, recommendation by a consultant).
- Identify risk/s against the proposed project and provide selected response/s if any.