Lingnan Entrepreneurship Initiative (LEI)
Apply for Subsidy
About the Subsidy
To encourage and support students to take trans-border startup internship, the Office of Service-Learning is offering a subsidy in summer 2019. The subsidy will be provided on a reimbursement base that can be used to cover the transportation, accommodation, working visa fee and/or insurance expense. Students can apply to the intern positions/ programme(s) provided on the LEI platform or through other different channels.
Amount of Subsidy
The amount of subsidies will be depended on the work regions and internship duration. Below is the table for reference.
Maximum amount of Subsidies
Mainland China, Taiwan, South East Asia
Australia, Japan, Korea, Middle East, Middle Asia, Russia
North America, South America, Europe, Africa
*Students who have received subsidies from other units for the internship may not be considered for receiving this subsidy.
- Students who wish to apply for the subsidy should make an application to OSL with the following documents:
- "Application for Subsidy" Form
- Document/ proof about securing the internship offer
3. An interview will be arranged for selection.
|24 Apr 2019||Application Deadline [1st round]|
|26 Apr 2019||Interview|
|8 May 2019||Application Deadline [2nd round]*|
|24 May 2019||Interview|
* The 2nd round of application will open only when there are places left. Hence, students are strongly encouraged to make application earlier.
- Full-time UGC funded undergraduate students
- With successful placement and visa application results
- Complete the specific internship period in full
- Work at startup which is established not more than 5 years
- The amount of subsidy will be provided on an reimbursement base after students have completed the internship.
- Students should provide the original copy of receipts and relevant document(s) for reimbursement.
Commitment of Students
- Students who receive the subsidy should commit to complete the whole agreed internship period at a satisfactory manner
- After the internship, students should submit a reflective journal with at least 8 photos taken during the internship
Tel: 2616 8063