For the current year intake (August 2021 Intake), application is available from 1 October 2020 to 30 April 2021. MScHRMOB has rolling admissions process and applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis. Early applications are strongly encouraged. Late applications may only be considered on a case-by-case and space-available basis.
The application fee is HK$400 which is non-refundable and is to be settled by credit card (VISA/ MasterCard/ UnionPay).
Lingnan University's Online Application System
Applicants shall access the online payment gateway attached to Online Application System and settle the application fee by a credit card. An application is valid and accepted only when the payment procedure is successfully completed. Only one programme can be chosen for each online application. Applicants who wish to apply for other postgraduate programme(s) offered by other department(s) of Lingnan University shall submit separate applications with application fee(s) charged separately.
An acknowledgement email with an assigned application number will be sent to the applicant upon each successful online payment transaction. If applicant does not receive the acknowledgement email, please re-login the system for checking. If problem still exists, the applicant should check with the Admission Officer.
Screening of an application will start upon receipt of all application materials and the Confidential Recommendation Forms. Short-listed candidates may be required to attend an interview conducted by the Programme Director and/or Admission Panel. At the latest, application results will be released via email within 4 weeks after the closing date of application.
Confidential Recommendation Forms
The Confidential Recommendation Form can be downloaded from below link:
- Confidential Recommendation Form (PDF)
Two separate Confidential Recommendation Forms should be completed by two referees and be returned to the Admission Officer within two weeks of application and must not be later than 30 April 2021. in a sealed envelope to below mailing address (at the bottom of this webpage).
Submission of Supporting Documents
Please note that applications must be sent via the online application system. Duplicate application will be disregarded.
The following supporting documents should be included in the application:
- Copies of identity card, passport, or any other identity document(s) of home country;
- Copies of certificate(s) of all tertiary education/academic/professional qualifications e.g. degree's degree certificate(s)/graduation certificate(s) ;
- Copies of Credential Report(s)verified by the China Qualification Verification (CQV)'s website under China Academic Degrees & Graduate Education Development Centre (for applicant whose degree is awarded by awarded by the university in Mainland China) [refer to Notes ii & Notes iii];
- Copies of academic transcript(s) of all tertiary education/academic qualifications;
- Copies of certificate(s)/report(s) (e.g. TOEFL Examinee Score Report / IELTS Test Report) to prove your fulfillment of the English language proficiency requirement (for applicant whose degree is not from a tertiary institution in Hong Kong or an English-speaking country);
- Two original Confidential Recommendation Forms completed by two referees; and
- Copies of other supporting documents to substantiate qualifications in your application.
- Upon receipt of the admission offer, you are required to present the original documents to prove your fulfillment in admission requirements upon registration.
- An applicant whose degree is awarded by the university in Mainland China is required to submit the Credential Report(s) of your bachelor's degree certificate verified by the China Qualification Verification (CQV)'s website under China Academic Degrees & Graduate Education Development Centre in your application. The report specifies the detailed description of your bachelor’s degree, such as level of degree, the awarding university, major, degree awarded, year of award, etc.
- An applicant who is the current final year undergraduate studying at the university in Mainland China may also apply. The applicant is required to submit the Credential Report(s) verified by the China Qualification Verification (CQV)'s website under China Academic Degrees & Graduate Education Development Centre prior to the commencement of the academic year and/or registration day (whenever earlier as applicable). The report format is the same as specified in Notes ii.
- An applicant with a bachelor's degree awarded by overseas universities by distance learning; or by completion of a curriculum of short duration; or by joint programmes offered byuniversities from Mainland China and overseas, may be required to provide an assessment report on level of qualification obtained issued by Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications (HKCAAVQ). The applicant concerned will be notified by the Admission Officer if an assessment report is required.
Mailing Address (For posting Confidential Recommendation Forms)
Department of Management
Room 112/1, Simon and Eleanor Kwok Building
8 Castle Peak Road, Tuen Mun, New Territories, Hong Kong
(Attn: Admission Officer)