Students are required to achieve a cumulative GPA of 2.50 or above in order to proceed to the next term. The Board of Examiners shall, at the end of each term, recommend whether each student is:
- Eligible for progression towards an award;
- Eligible for an award; or
- Required to withdraw from the Programme.
A student will normally progress unless he/she falls within the following categories, any of which may be regarded as grounds for withdrawal from the Programme:
- The student cannot attain a cumulative GPA of 2.50 in Term 1;
- The student has exceeded the maximum period of study, which is 3 years; or
- The student will be unable to attain a cumulative GPA of 2.67 at the end of the Programme.
For graduation, students are required to complete a total of 10 courses of 30 credits as specified in the programme curriculum, including “required” and “elective” courses and obtain a “pass” in the Action Learning Projects. The minimum GPA requirement for graduation will be 2.67 for the MSc Programme.
Level of Award
Award of MSc in Human Resource Management and Organisational Behaviour Degree
The performance of participants in each course is assessed by examinations as well as other assessment methods, such as individual and group assignments, group projects and presentations. The assessment process will follow the general grading policy as prescribed by Lingnan University for postgraduate studies. To qualify for the award of the MScHRMOB Degree issued by Lingnan University, students must:
- attend at least 80% of the lectures for each course;
- complete and pass ALL the required courses; and
- obtain 30 credits (including 3 credits in Action Learning Projects) with a cumulative GPA of 2.67 (equivalent to B-) or above.
A student who has fulfilled all the requirements for graduation will be awarded a MSc degree with one of the following classifications.
|Degree Classification||Minimum Cumulative GPA|
These classifications are given according to the student’s cumulative GPA on all courses.
Students will be awarded a Postgraduate Diploma if they complete five courses with a minimum GPA of 2.33 in Term 1, and do not continue in the Programme. Acceptance of an intermediate award implies an intention not to complete the final award.