Health & Insurance
Lingnan has no mandatory health requirements on incoming students. Prior to your arrival, you are advised to check with the recommendation of Hospital Authority for vaccinations if any. Please visit the homepage of Travel Health Service of the Department of Health for more information.
Lingnan recommends all incoming students to get suitable and adequate insurance covering travel, personal accident, medical expenses (accident and non-accident), hospitalisation and emergency evacuation / repatriation throughout the entire period of your study at Lingnan.
You are required to send us your proof of insurance coverage prior to your arrival for record purpose. You will bear your own risk if you fail to cover yourselves with adequate travel and medical coverage. You shall be responsible for all possible consequences. Lingnan is not responsible for any consequences that may arise before, during and after your entire exchange period.
Student Medical Benefits Scheme
- The Scheme covers general doctors’ consultation including prescriptions and necessary laboratory tests accompanied by referral letters. Eligible students can visit designated out-patient clinics in Hong Kong (scattered over Hong Kong Island, Kowloon, the New Territories and Outlying Island) at a nominal fee. There is no on-campus medical clinic.
- On each visit, simply present a valid Lingnan Student Card by the time of treatment and pay a nominal fee which covers medications as well. You can also receive simple laboratory and X-ray tests upon presentation of a referral letter from a doctor.
- If you have special on-going prescription drug needs, please bring an ample supply of the medicine with you, or check with us its availability. Also ask your doctor for the name of the medicine (both the brand name and especially the chemical or generic name), and bring a copy of the prescription with you.
Student Dental Scheme
- The Dental Scheme covers eligible students’ dental treatment at nominal fees, and a preferential rate will be charged if students would like to receive other forms of dental treatments and services.
- Always remember to present a valid Lingnan Student Card prior to dental treatment. Otherwise, original price will be charged by the clinics.
Please check with the clinical staff for your eligibility before your consultation. For details of the Schemes, please visit here.