Career Advising Services
CGCC Mainland Summer Internship Programme
Preparing students to be all-rounded is among the key missions of Lingnan University’s (LU) liberal arts education. When the world is heading towards our mainland market even during the economic dwindle, nothing could be more convincing than to sharpen your competitive edge and to demonstrate to your future employers your readiness in taking up responsibilities in relation to the aspired mainland market by embracing such a meaningful 2-month work cum cultural exposure.
With the encouraging responses from all the stakeholders of our mainland internships, we are dedicated to solicit external sponsorship to continue the Shanghai summer internships in the summer of 2019 so that more students would be able to fine-tune themselves to achieve success in graduate employment, as well as to explore the career opportunities in the mainland. Therefore, non-final year UG students who have NO or minimal Mainland exposure are recommended to make the best use of this invaluable opportunity to widen your horizon, enhance your understanding of not only the business operations but the social and cultural aspects of the country in order to enhance the employability before graduation.
- To witness the rapid development and the infrastructures of the mainland China via the spectacular commercial and cultural hub, Shanghai.
- To broaden the students’ vision about the world of work outside Hong Kong as well as their understanding of the business operation and practices in the mainland China.
- To enrich students’ practical living and working experience in a different cultural environment.
- To enhance students’ language & communication skills.
- To strengthen students’ life and transferable skills such as interpersonal & problem solving skills.
|Internship Location||Preliminary Programme Period (8 weeks)||Estimated Programme Cost Per Pax* (HK$)||Payment by Each Selected Candidate* (HK$)|
|29 May–21 July 2019 (tbc)||$18,000||$2,000|
- Estimated Programme Cost covers:
– Pre-departure training in Hong Kong
– On-site orientation programme
– Round trip air tickets
– Airport transport transfer for arrival & departure
– Insurance and accommodation during the internship period only.
(Meals & transportation during the internship period as well as other personal proceeds are excluded.)
- Payment by Selected Candidate – EXCLUDING meals & transportation during the internship period as well as other personal proceeds.
- Sponsorship – will be used to finance the programme cost and thus NO PAY is expected.
Preliminary Programme Structure
|Date / Period||Description|
|22-28 Jan 2019||Online application and Interview Seat Reservation (first-registered-first-served, while seats are available)|
|30-31 Jan 2019||Selection interviews|
|In the week of
11 Feb 2019
|Release of interview results|
|By 18 Feb 2019||Successful candidates are required to pay the non-refundable & non-transferable programme fee of HK$2,000 to confirm the offer|
|23 Mar 2019||First meeting cum training|
|13 Apr 2019||Second meeting cum training|
|24 May 2019||Touch up meeting|
|29 May 2019||Depart Hong Kong for Shanghai|
|30-31 May 2019||Orientation in the placement city with company & cultural visits included|
|3 Jun-19 Jul 2019||Internship in participating organizations|
|21 Jul 2019||Return to Hong Kong|
|24-25 Jul 2019
|Debriefing and submission of programme report for completion of full internship|
Selection of Students
Suitable candidates would be selected through an on-campus interview based on the following criteria:
- the commitment to actively participate in the whole programme
- a satisfactory academic standing
- skills that meet the employers’ requirements
- language ability (Putonghua & English)
- other transferable skills
Competitive applicants who have NO or minimal Mainland exposure or placement before would be given priority in the selection.
(Only 1 Session. All Interested Candidates MUST Attend)
Date: 21 Jan 2019 (Mon)
Time: 4:30 – 6:15pm
Venue: MBG07 (Lee Ying Lam Lecture Theatre)
Application Period: 22-28 Jan 2019
- Please register for the interview seat when submitting the online application, first-come-first-served, while seats are available
- Complete the ► ONLINE Application AND register an INTERVIEW session during 22-28 Jan 2019, first-come-first-served, while seats are available.
- Submit the followings to OSA Counter (contact Ms Mandy Choi or Ms Eliza Chan if necessary) before 28 Jan 2019, by 5:00pm.
- Copy of Confirmation Email (as Cover Page) – to receive after submission of the on-line application
- A Recent Passport-Size Photo in BUSINESS Attire – please write your full name, student ID at the back of the photo
- Chinese Resume – should be typed, in simplified Chinese characters
- English Resume
- Copy of Valid China Home Entry Permit ( 回鄉咭*)
Online Application link will be available during 22-28 Jan 2019. Incomplete Online Application and/or Submission will NOT be Processed!
- All applicants must be 18 years old or above by 28 Feb 2019.
- The China Home Entry Permit should be valid till Jan 2020.
- The personal data provided in this Online Application will be used for selection purposes. It may be provided to related organizations / consultants or agencies / sponsors (if required) and university administrators authorized to process the information for purposes in relation to recruitment / selection and/or internship related issues. Every reasonable effort will be made to ensure the confidentiality of all information and documents received.
OSA Contact for Enquiry
|Ms. Shirley Siu
Tel: 2616 7366
|Ms. Mandy Choi
Tel: 2616 7446