Career Advising Services
Local Summer Internship Programme
♦ Background ♦
The Office of Student Affairs has launched the Local Summer Internship Programme (LSIP) and put great efforts in soliciting and arranging internship places in local companies / organizations for our students in order to facilitate their job hunting and enhance their employability upon graduation. Through the internships, students would gain practical work experience under the local dynamic working environment and enhance their workplace skills which would be indispensable for their future career development.
♦ Objectives ♦
- To broaden students' exposure to local dynamic and ever-changing working environment and cultures;
- To enhance students' knowledge and generic skills in workplace and cultivate their sense of responsibility, positive work attitude and ethics; and
- To develop students' open attitude to maintain good working relations with individuals of different cultural background.
♦ Programme Structure ♦
Internship Period: Jun to Aug 2020 (about 8-12 weeks)
Job Nature / Duties:
- Administrative, liaison and coordinating work;
- Event planning and management;
- Accounting and Banking;
- Preparation and implementation of training;
- Customer service and frontline tasks;
- Research and analyses;
- Translation and publication works;
- Marketing and promotion activities;
- Data and information management;
- General Office duties;
- and other ad hoc projects as assigned by supervisors.
Individual company / organization may offer some allowance throughout the internship period to cover the transportation and meal expenses for the selected student interns. OSA may provide a minimum amount of subsidy to students whose internship is unpaid, if necessary.
Will be provided for the student interns during the internship period by the placement company / organization or OSA.
A supervisor at the placement company / organization would be assigned to the student intern(s) for guidance and advice.
All student interns are required to complete and submit the Intern Self-Evaluation Form with photos and share their experience upon the completion of the Local Summer Internship Programme.
♦ Placement Organizations ♦
- Confirmed Placement Companies / Organizations in Summer 2020
- Participating Placement Companies / Organizations in past years #
# Including placements which are offered by LU alumni employers and partly subsidized by the Lingnan Univeristy Alumni Association (HK) Ltd. (LUAA)
♦ Target Students ♦
- Non-final Year Full-time undergraduate students
- Priority will be given to penultimate year undergraduate students
- High motivation and commitment towards the programme
- Proven language ability (Contonese, English and Putonghua)
- Effective communication skills
- Skills that meet the employers' requirements & other transferable skills
♦ Online Briefing Session via Zoom ♦
Date: 21 Feb 2020 (Fri)
Time: 15:00 - 16:30
URL for accessing the Online Briefing Session:
* For details of Zoom operation, please refer to the website of ITSC:
♦ Application Guidelines ♦
(Application period: 22 Feb - 2 Mar 2020)
Completed the ► Online Application on or before 2 Mar 2020 (12:00nn). Incomplete application will not be processed!
- Recent Photo (in Business Attire) - insert to the top right corner on CV
- Copy of Online Transcript
- Two essays (one in English and one in Chinese) (No more than 200 words each)
(1) Delineate why you apply for this Programme and what you want to achieve from this Programme (in English)
(2) Delineate your career aspirations, your strengths and weaknesses (in Chinese)
- A self-introductory video (1-min maximum) (in English) (Optional but preferable) - to share via Youtube link or your shared drive (e.g. OneDrive, Google Drive) (please ensure that access right is granted)
- The selection process will be based upon the application materials submitted (please see above for details). No Selection Interview will be conducted in 2020.
- Subject to the requirements given by individual placement companies / organizations, some selected applicants may need to submit additional / supporting document(s) or be invited to attend a second interview arranged by the companies / organizations. Please check your email regularly.
- Each applicant would normally be nominated to no more than 3 placement companies / organizations.
- Upon completion of the internship, student interns shall oblige to attend a debriefing session organized by the Office of Student Affairs and submit an Intern Self-Evaluation Form with photos taken in the workplace.
Provisional offer & Nomination:
Announcement of Provisional Offer will be released in early April 2020. Subject to the consideration / confirmation from the prospective employers, nominated applications will be notified via email confirmation.
♦ Photo Album ♦
- Local Summer Internship Programme 2019
- Local Summer Internship Programme 2018
- Local Summer Internship Programme 2017
♦ Statutory Minimum Wage ♦
Please visit the website of Labour Department for details of the exemption for student interns and work experience students during a period of exempt student employment under the Minimum Wage Ordinance:
♦ Enquiries ♦
|Ms. Angie Lau
|Ms. Sarah Lee