Career Advising Services
Operation Zhang Qian- Undergraduate Summer Internship Programme
♦ Background ♦
“Operation Zhang Qian” was initiated by MSRS in 2016 to help university students in Hong Kong to learn about the “Belt and Road Initiative”, seize the developmental opportunities offered by the Initiative and to widen their horizon.
In 2018, “Operation Zhang Qian” is sponsored by the Home Affairs Bureau and supported by 18 sponsoring organizations which have offered 185 internship places for Hong Kong undergraduates to work in mainland China, ASEAN countries, Belt and Road regions, Greece and Djibouti (Africa) for four to eight weeks.
More than 800 students submitted applications under the internship programme. From 21 February to 6 April, about 600 applicants were invited to attend 54 face-to-face interview sessions conducted by MSRS. Around 90 students were shortlisted and offered internship places.
♦ Introduction ♦
|Date:||June - August 2021 (4-8 weeeks)|
|Locations:||Hong Kong, mainland China and "Belt and Road" countries|
|Work Fields:||Project Management, Financial Services, Administration, Marketing, Engineering, New Energy, etc.|
|Target:||Undergraduate students (Permanent resident of the HKSAR)|
|Particulars:||Training Programme, Round-trip Ticket, Accommodation, Insurance, Allowance, etc. (If applicable)|
|Deadline:||5 May 2021 (Wed) (extended)|
♦ Application ♦
Application Deadline: 5 May 2021 (Wed) (extended)
- Applicants should hold a valid Hong Kong permanent identity card.
- Applicants should be 18 years old on or before 31 May 2021, and full-time undergraduate students.
- Students who have previously been accepted by the host organizations as interns or have completed “Operation Zhang Qian” will not be considered.
- Applicants, who are shortlisted for an interview by Maritime Silk Road Society (MSRS), are required to be student members (membership fee HK$100) of the MSRS to show support of “the Belt and Road Initiative”. Please refer to the MSRS website for our objectives.
- Applicants, who are shortlisted by MSRS after the interview and before nominations to host organizations, are required to pay a deposit of HK$3,000 that will be refunded in full subject to fulfillment of the following requirements:
• Attend a pre-departure meeting or training course, a kick-off ceremony and a sharing session (as applicable);
• Achieve attendance rate of 90% or above at a participating organization;
• Submit an internship report on or before the designated date; and
• Observe the “Notes to Applicants” and “Terms” specified in the Application Form
- Unless the applicant is not accepted by host organizations after the nomination, the deposit will not be refunded if the applicant withdraws for whatever reasons, or if the applicant fails to fulfill the above requirements.
♦ Enquiry ♦
|Ms Sara Chow
|Ms Sarah Lee
Maritime Silk Road Society