For New Students
With the University’s motto "Education for Service", community service is always an integral part of campus life. The University tries every means to provide students with not only opportunities for participation in an active campus life but also experiences to care for the welfare of the community.
Lingnan C♥Connects Programmewas established in 2018 with the theme “Care for Community See the Connections” which aims to:
1. raise the level of social awareness of students and encourage them to care for the community;
2. help students to develop a right attitude in life;
3. connect students’ experiences, own potentials and lifelong goals.
- Interested students join this programme as C♥Connects Crew Members
- Through training programmes offered by the Agency for Volunteer Service (義務工作發展局) and sharing sessions by experts in service industry sectors, students will be equipped with useful skills to participate in a number of community services programmes/projects throughout the year.
- C♥Connects Crew Members are encouraged to serve in University programmes and events, as well as to serve the community through structured community service programmes and self-arranged volunteer services
- Examples of structured community services projects: Project X (X計劃), ICAC Ambassador Programme (廉政大使計劃), Orbis Eye Brightening Advocate Programme (奧比斯香港 - 亮麗眼睛守護者計劃), Hong Kong Air Cadet Corps Officer Trainee Programme (香港航空青年團 長官學員計劃), etc.
- A one-stop “C♥Connects Online Platform for Volunteer Service Record Submission” enables C♥Connects Crew Members to input community service records and view the service hours accumulated
- Outstanding C♥Connects Crew Members will be recognized with following benefits:
- Networking opportunities and eye-opening exposures
- Adventure-based Day Camp with full sponsorship
- Exchange & Service Tour with full sponsorship
Click https://www.ln.edu.hk/ssc/community-services/c.connects for details now!
Application Period: From today onwards (throughout the year)
Ms. Angie LAU
SSC [G/F., Dorothy Y.L. Wong Building]