For New Students
The Leader in Me
Leadership is a life skill.
Leadership is Learning.
Through learning, “Everyone can be a LEADER”.
The Leader in Me
University life can be colorful and at the same time challenging. While you may require time to adjust to a new learning and living environment, the Office of Student Affairs (OSA) is here to support not only your adjustment but whole-person development. We strive to provide comprehensive development programmes with great exposure on diverse interests to assist students in achieving their university goals. Nurturing students’ leadership qualities is one way to empower Lingnanians in the quests of their goals. We believe leadership is a vital life skill, and through learning, everyone can be a leader. “The Leader in Me” development model we introduced is to motivate students to discover their potentials, explore learning opportunities, engage in team activities and career development, and contribute in community services via using various resources provided by the University to groom leadership skills.
In Lingnan, you will have plentiful opportunities to gain a deep “Personal” understanding via your learning and hostel life, and through participating in social interest clubs or university teams’ activities. “Team” activities promote synergy and enhance learning from different perspectives, while “Pubic Engagement” programmes like community services connect you with the community and the world in broadening your horizon and cultivate cultural sensitivity and integration. Visit our website to learn more.
Career Advising Services
OSA provides career advising services, career education series, and local and overseas internship programmes to groom students’ “Professional Development”. We offer:
Career Education and Development
- Leadership Mentoring Programme, Lingnanian Executive Mentoring Programme
- Career education series: Job Hunting Forums, talks with CEOs, career information sessions & exhibitions, alumni sharing, work experience sharing sessions, etc.
- Career planning workshops
Career Preparation and Advising
- Career Empowerment Programme
- Job preparation series: Mock interviews, CV writing, personal grooming, business etiquette, mock recruitment written test, etc.
- Individual coaching and consultation sessions
- Toastmasters public speaking and leadership training
- Job Information Platform (JIP) (for Lingnan students only)
- Joint Institutions Job Information System (JIJIS)
- E-newsletter “Career News”
- Career Services Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lingnancareer/
Career Hotline: 2616 7406 / 2616 7446