Academic & Professional Qualifications
- PhD, University of Paris-Sorbonne
- MA, University of Paris-Sorbonne
- BA, University of Paris-Sorbonne
- BA, University of Hong Kong
Areas of Interest
Continental Philosophy, Continental Aesthetics, History of Western Philosophy,
- Senior Teaching Fellow, Department of Philosophy, Lingnan University
- Tam Thomas, “The Death of Art: Bataille, Malraux, Hegel”, Graduate Faculty Philosophy Journal, Vol.26, No.1, 2005.
- Tam Thomas, “Bresson and the Problem of Mimesis”, Kinema, No.21, 2004.
- Tam Thomas, “On Wonder, Appreciation, and the Tremendous in Wittgenstein’s Aesthetics”, British Journal of Aesthetics, Vol.42, no. 3, 2002.
- Tam K. H. & C. M. Tsui (trans.), 布烈松 :《電影書寫札記》，北京 : 三聯, 2001。
Tam Thomas (in progress). “The Concept of the Expressionless in Benjamin’s Aesthetics”.
University and Community Services
- Admission Panel Member, Philosophy Department, 2009 – present
- Open Day Information Coordinator, Philosophy Department, 2010 – present