Department of Applied Psychology
Professor HUANG Yi
BS (SCNU); MA (SCNU); PhD (NUS)
Office: WYL122, Dorothy Y L Wong Building
TEL: (852) 2616 7129
FAX: (852) 2616 5997
Yi received her PhD from NUS Graduate School for Integrative Sciences and Engineering (NGS) at the National University of Singapore (NUS). After graduation, she worked as postdoctoral research fellow at NUS and University of Pennsylvania, USA. Yi joined Lingnan University in August 2020. Her primary research interest lies in understanding the psychological and neural mechanisms of economic decision-making and social behaviors in young and older adults.
- Social psychology
- Successful aging
- Social neuroscience
- Huang Y., Yaple Z., Yu R. (2020). Goal-oriented and habitual decisions: Neural signatures of model-based and model-free learning. Neuroimage, 116834.
- Huang, Y., Zhen, S., & Yu, R. (2019). Distinct neural patterns underlying ingroup and outgroup conformity. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 201819421.
- Huang, Y., Siong, Y.O., San Lai, P., Yu, R., Chew, S.H., Gwee, X., Nyunt, M.S.Z., Gao, Q., Ng, T.P., Ebstein, R.P. and Gouin, J.P., (2019). Successful aging, cognitive function, socioeconomic status, and leukocyte telomere length. Psychoneuroendocrinology, 103, 180-187.
- Huang, Y., Chai, J., Feng, L., & Yu, R. (2019). Older adults show diminished sensitivity to potential losses in social bargaining. The Journals of Gerontology: Series B. https://doi.org/10.1093/geronb/gbz113.
- Huang, Y., & Yu, R. (2019). Common and distinct neural substrates of the money illusion in win and loss domains. NeuroImage, 184, 109-118.
- Huang Y., Kendrick KM., Yu R. (2014). Conformity to the Opinions of Other People Lasts for No More Than 3 Days. Psychological Science. 25(7): 1388-1393.
- Huang, Y., Kendrick, K. M., Zheng, H., & Yu, R. (2015). Oxytocin enhances implicit social conformity to both in-group and out-group opinions. Psychoneuroendocrinology, 60, 114-119.
- Huang Y., Kendrick KM., Yu R. (2014). Social conflicts elicit an N400-like component. Neuropsychologia. 65 (2014) 211–220.
- Huang Y., Yu R. (2014). The feedback-related negativity reflects “more or less” prediction error in appetitive and aversive conditions. Frontiers in Neuroscience. 8: 108.
- Yu R+., Huang Y+. (2013). A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore: The illusion of money and the rapid encoding of its true value. Plos One. 8(1): e55025.
- Liu, C., Huang Y., Chen L., Yu R. (2020) Lack of Evidence for the Effect of Oxytocin on Placebo Analgesia and Nocebo Hyperalgesia. Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics. 89.3 (2020): 185-187
- Li, J., Sun, Y., Huang, Y., Bezerianos, A., & Yu, R. (2018). Machine learning technique reveals intrinsic characteristics of schizophrenia: an alternative method. Brain Imaging and Behavior, 1-11.
- Pornpattananangkul, N., Kok, B. C., Chai, J., Huang, Y., Feng, L., & Yu, R. (2018). Choosing for you: Diminished self–other discrepancies in financial decisions under risk in the elderly. Psychology and Aging, 33(6), 871.
- Wang S*., Yu R*., Tyszka M., Zhen S., Kovach C., Sun S., Huang Y., Hurlemann R., Ross I., Chung J., Mamelak A., Adolphs R., Rutishauser U* (2017). The human amygdala parametrically encodes the intensity of specific facial emotions and their categorical ambiguity. Nature Communications. 8:14821.
Academic Year: 2020-2021:
1st Term: PSY3209 Cognitive Psychology
2nd Term: PSY3103 Psychology of Human Performance and Technology
CLE9032 Emotional Happiness