Aims of the Programme
The MHSM aims to achieve the following objectives:
1. To introduce students to theoretical, practical knowledge and contemporary debates about health and social service delivery.
2. To transmit critical skills in leading and managing social and healthcare services.
3. To equip students with research and analytical skills in researching and presenting health and social services issues.
4. To introduce students to innovative ways of applying ICT in managing health and social service delivery.
5. To examine varieties of health-related and social problems from theoretical, practical and comparative perspectives.
6. To equip students with knowledge and skills to manage conflicts and build and maintain working relationships with service users and other stakeholders including community-based organisations.
7. To introduce students to the concepts and role of Chinese medicine in health service delivery in Hong Kong.