Building on the successful experiences in previous years, Lingnan University, Hong Kong and Oxford University, United Kingdom will co-host the International Postgraduate Summer School (IPSS) 2020. Participants joining the International Summer School will stay one week at Lingnan University, and a selective number of them will go to the University of Oxford for two-week stay in enhancing their learning experience. The Summer School provides a platform for scholars and research postgraduate students to present their major research findings, share research practices and reflect upon essential methodological issues. In collaboration with leading institutions in Asia and the UK, the IPSS 2020 provides the opportunity for students across different parts of the globe to establish their own research clusters with sharing interests and learning from world-renowned scholars to enrich their research experiences. The IPSS workshop brings together experienced researchers to discuss some critical issues on interdisciplinary studies which enrich participants’ horizons from traditionally discipline-based academic exploration.
- To exchange with international scholars from leading institutions in Asia and the UK.
- To explore multiple research methods for conducting research through tailor-made workshops both at Lingnan University and the University of Oxford.
- To engage in intriguing sharing of research practices with finest academics and postgraduate students from different universities.
- To explore possibilities to develop research clusters for promoting research collaborations and international publications.
- To know about Hong Kong and Oxford via fascinating site visits.
Lingnan University programme rundown Download >>
Oxford University programme rundown Download >>
|LU PhD / MPhil students without accommodation needs||LU Taught Postgraduate Student / Local Postgraduate students
without accommodation needs
|Non-Local Postgraduate students (on-campus accommodation
will be provided)
|HK Session (1 week)||Programme Fee||HK$0||HK$2,000||HK$5,000|
|UK Session (2 weeks)||Programme Fee||GBP2,580|
|Air tickets & Insurance||approximated budget: HK$13,500 (Flight availability/rate, taxes are subject to change)|
- All fees are subject to final confirmation by the University.
- All fees paid are non-refundable unless otherwise specified.
- The programme fee of HK session includes tuition, welcoming lunch, farewell lunch, field visit, local insurance, and accommodation (accommodation only for those who pay for the programme fee of HK$ 5,000).
- The programme fee of UK session includes tuition, accommodation, meals, study tour, activities and airport transfers.
- For the sake of safety and coordination among universities, Lingnan University will coordinate the round trip ticket booking between HK and the UK (i.e. two-week programme at Hertford College, Oxford University from 28 June to 11 July 2020
- Further announcement about the ticket arrangement will be made in late March 2020.
- Students, who will join the 2-week programme at Hertford College, Oxford University, should arrange the return ticket on your own from Hong Kong to your home country accordingly.