SmartCity Executive Training Programme
FAQ For SET
1. What is Smart City?
A smart city is a framework, predominantly composed of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT), to develop, deploy, and promote sustainable development practices to address growing urbanisation challenges.
YouTube Link：“What is Smart City?”
2. Why Smart Cities Are Important?
54% of the world’s population live in cities and this is expected to rise to 66% by 2050, adding a further 2.5 billion people to the urban population over the next three decades. With this expected population growth there comes a need to manage environmental, social and economic sustainability of resources.
Smart cities allow citizens and local government authorities to work together to launch initiatives and use smart technologies to manage assets and resources in the growing urban environment.
3. Why do we need smart cities?
A smart city should provide an urban environment that delivers a high quality of life to residents while also generating economic growth. This means delivering a suite of joined-up services to citizens with reduced infrastructure costs.
This becomes increasingly important in the light of the future population growth in urban areas, where more efficient use of infrastructure and assets will be required. Smart city services and applications will allow for these improvements which will lead to a higher quality of life for citizens.
Smart city improvements also provide new value from existing infrastructure while creating new revenue streams and operational efficiencies to help save money for governments and citizens alike.
4. What is ESG?
ESG means using Environmental, Social and Governance factors to evaluate on how far advanced with sustainability.
5. How ESG is important to Smart City?
ESG goals are all about sustainability, whether that’s in the form of building practices, climate protection, social justice, social responsibility, or democratic governance. All of these positive ethics run in parallel with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, which are key pillars of modern Smart City development.
Smart Cities are formed by smart buildings, populated and governed by smart citizens, living in smart districts, who work in smart businesses. It’s smart workplaces and buildings that are the foundations of our smart cities, and with more businesses and real-estate developers supporting ESG principles and working towards ESG compliance, it’s possible for us to accelerate the Smart City ecosystem and integrate ESG strategies into the future of our municipalities.
6. What do SmartCity Executive Training course fouce on?
To align the global trend of increasing importance in Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) to support smart city development. Lingnan University will continue its collaboration with the Smart City Academy (SCA), focusing on the design and inclusion of a new ESG specialism in the SET programme.
7. What I will learn in the SmartCity Executive Training course?
SET programme general includes 5 subjects:-
- Smart Technologies,
- Smart Economy,
- Smart People & Management,
- ESG for SmartCity Development: Smart-Living, Smart-Environment,
- ESG Concentration including: Corporate Sustainability, Baseline Model & LT Value Creation, ESG Investing & Reporting
8. What benefits I will get through this SmartCity Executive Training course?
- Award the SET Certificate of Completion/Achievement.
- Entitle to pursue a qualification of Certify ESG Planner (CEP).
- Have authorisation to use the trade mark CEP® after your name as a credential.
- Apply the ESG/SmartCity methodology learned in the SET course to solve a real-life SmartCity/ESG problem.
- Broader employment options in Smartcity and SEG.
9. What is ESG Certify Planner?
Certified ESG Planner CEP® is a trade mark granted by International Chamber of Sustainable Development (ICSD)* and registered with the United Nations SDGs Knowledge Platform.
10. Being a Certified ESG Planner CEP, one can？
- Have authorisation to use the trade mark CEP® after your name as a credential
- Obtain solid knowledge in sustainability
- Understand the trend and the state-of-the-art development in ESG
- Apply 5-step CEPAR to tackle pressing ESG issues
Tel : (852) 2616 7580 | Email: set@LN.edu.hk
If you need to contact the programme administrator, please click here.