Master of Science in Human Resource Management and Organisational Behaviour
- Full Time
- 1 year
- Part Time
- Application Period
- 1 October 2019 - 30 April 2020
- (852) 2616-8309 hrmob@LN.edu.hk
The Master of Science in Human Resource Management & Organisational Behaviour serves the growing focus on global talent management
A Distinctive Course
The Master of Science in Human Resource Management & Organisational Behaviour (MScHRMOB) programme is a one-year, full-time degree which brings an international perspective to human resources management. The MScHRMOB programme is unique in the way it embraces a whole-person approach to build soft skills, and other attributes, which can serve as essential building blocks for a student’s career development. Students acquire an effective set of skills, and the requisite knowledge, to fulfil the needs of future employers.
A Course for Managers, Leaders and Line Managers
The Master of Science in Human Resource Management & Organisational Behaviour programme offers a fast route to becoming a professional human resources management specialist. The MScHRMOB is designed to enhance competencies in managing and developing people for a wide range of supervisory, managerial, and executive positions.
The MScHRMOB provides students with the skills and competencies for careers in human resources, line management, and leadership roles in business and public service organisations. The course will also be valuable to those already working in these fields.
Opportunities Abound in a Transformational Industry
“The profession of human resource management is undergoing a tremendous change,” says Dr Frankie Lam, the Programme Director. “A job which used to be mostly transactional in nature has changed into a dynamic profession which is essential for enabling the transformation of organisations,” says Dr Lam.
“Advances in technology, and the effects of global competition, have led to executive management teams working with human resource professionals as strategic partners to attract, retain, and develop top talent. HR professionals train and motivate employees at all levels to perform at their peak,” says Dr Lam.
Theory and Practice, in Class and Beyond
“The industry is looking for graduates who understand contemporary theories and best practices in human resources management and organisational behaviour,” says Dr Lam. “Interpersonal skills, team building, and a strategic perspective on human resource management are also desirable qualities. Lectures and company visits help students understand how contemporary theories and best practices in human resource management, and organisational behaviour, are applied in real-life situations,” says Dr Lam.
The Master of Science in Human Resource Management & Organisational Behaviour programme develops a strategic perspective that allows students, in their future careers, to equip organisations with the necessary human resources to thrive in today’s complex environments.
Enabling Real-world Experience
“The Master of Science in Human Resource Management & Organisational Behaviour (MScHRMOB) programme offers a unique Action Learning Projects which gives students the opportunity to visit companies in a variety of industries, to learn up-to-date best practices in the human resources profession,” says Dr Lam.
The MScHRMOB also programme offers an executive mentoring programme which helps students formulate practical career goals and milestones. The internship programme offers outstanding students the opportunity to acquire essential practical knowledge, and develop their interpersonal and communication skills.
A Double Master Programme
Lingnan University is collaborating with the ESSCA School of Management in France to offer an optional two-year, full-time double master programme. Students gain international experience by studying in Hong Kong, France, and Hungary. Successful gradates will receive a Master of Science in Human Resource Management and Organisational Behaviour from Lingnan University, and a Master in Management Major in Entrepreneurship from the ESSCA School of Management.
Key Features of Master of Science in Human Resource Management & Organisational Behaviour:
- The programme is unique in the way it embraces a whole-person approach to build soft skills and other attributes, which can serve as essential building blocks for a student's career development in human resource and other business management areas. It is also unique in bridging human resource management and organizational behaviour concepts in solving the complex people management in a dynamic global business environment.
Action Learning Projects
- The Action Learning Projects provide students opportunities to visit and analyse companies across industries to gain the contemporary and best practice knowledge in human resource management.
Professional Networking Activities
- Our executive mentoring and internship programmes assist our students to develop a stronger professional network and career plan.
More Postgraduate Programmes
- Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Social Science
- Master of Arts in International Affairs (China-Africa Studies)
- Master of Arts in International Affairs
- Master of Social Sciences in Health and Social Services Management
- Master of Social Sciences in Organisational Psychology and Education Management
- Doctor of Policy Studies
- Master of Arts in International Higher Education and Management
- Master of Cities and Governance
- Master of Science in International and Development Economics
- Postgraduate Diploma in Business
- Master of Social Sciences in Comparative Social Policy (International)
- Master of Arts in Chinese
- Master of Arts in Translation Studies
- Master of Science in Work and Organisational Psychology
- Master of Accountancy
- Master of Cultural Studies
- Master of Science in eBusiness and Supply Chain Management
- Master of Science in Finance
- Master of Science in International Banking and Finance
- Master of Science in Marketing and International Business