Career Advising Services
ASEAN Internship Scheme for Hong Kong Higher Education Students
The Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office (HKETO) in Singapore is part of the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. It is responsible for looking after the bilateral relations between Hong Kong and the ten countries of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN). It has initiated the “ASEAN Internship Scheme for Hong Kong Higher Education Students” to:
- Provide opportunities to university students of Hong Kong to take up summer internship in ASEAN member countries;
- Enable students to be exposed to the work of the relevant industry and operation of the concerned Host Organization, as well as the economic and socio-cultural environment of the host country in ASEAN; and
- Cultivate students as the ambassadors of Hong Kong in the host country in ASEAN, and vice versa upon return to Hong Kong, thereby enhancing mutual understanding and strengthening ties between Hong Kong and ASEAN
- To broaden students’ vision about the world of work outside Hong Kong as well as their understanding of the business operation and practices of the ASEAN countries
- To expose to the work and operation of the concerned host organization, as well as the economic and socio-cultural environment of the host country in ASEAN
- To enhance students’ language & communication skills, as well as problem solving ability
- To explore future job opportunities in the rapidly developing ASEAN countrie
Lingnan University subsidize each Full-time UG student an air ticket (at HK$4,000) and HK$1,000 per week for accommodation (a maximum of HK$10,000 per student). Apply only to unpaid internship.
- Programme fee
No programme fee is required
- Estimated cost
The cost of living in ASEAN countries varies greatly. The price is also subject to accommodation type (e.g. hostel or hotel), room type, period (seasonality) and availability. In general, the predicted accommodation cost ranges from HK$1,200 to HK$6,000 a month, and spending on food or transportation ranges from HK$1000 to HK$2500 a month. All students should have a relevant travel insurance. All costs to be borne by student. (including visa application fee, insurance, transportation)
- Complete the Online Application and submit on or before 14 Jan 2018 (Sun).
- Attend a CV Workshop on 18 Jan 2017 (Thu).
- Programme Updates will be notified through email, students should check email regularly.